PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I received a link to this tune from my nephew last night. It's stuck in my head today. How a guy can take two hubcaps and and a broomstick and wail on it the way he does is is far beyond my comprehension. I just know I like it. The music is kinda like a cross between hillbilly and rock with a powerful bass man and an animal on the drums. I had never heard of Seasick Steve before but I will have to add seeing him to the bucket list.
Ya gotta love the line "Wanna put a little fire in my life(I like to believe he sings Wanna put a little fire in my pipe but I like to make up lyrics to suit me on certain songs) Climb a little higher, that is right"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-vSZFEWHlo

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Never heard of him but like the music! I love slide guitar. Sounds like a little blues thrown in the mix.

This reminds of a guy I used to work with. He's originally from Canada and is one of those who can play just about anything. He built a fiddle from a toilet bowl plunger.

javajunkie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2013
He has a very solid blues core. Have one or two of his albums, and well worth checking out.
And, yes, picked up the tip from his top gear (UK/ real version) appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.