PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
Scotty's Butternut Burley: while I found this to smell really nice and even smoke really nice, I was left wanting more. The second half of the bowl did pick up a little and k finally got that nice nutty flavors that o read all about. I did like that the sweentess wasn't overly done, but maybe that would have been preferable to the lack of flavor in the first half. It burned great and I found the smoke to be very creamy. Not sure how often this will make it into the rotations. In a mason will this keep well?

On another

Yule Log: I liked this for its simplicity, but feel like this is also its weak point. The latakia is forward and the virginas come out to play in the quieter moments of the pipe. I was hoping for more sweetness from the Va but I never really got there. I don't know that I will pick this up often either. Its not bad just not exciting. I found EMP to be a better smoke than this. I will also add that it felt rather dry out of the bag. But it packed well and stayed lit.
On another note I got my new Zipo pipe lighter in and no longer have to burn my fingers, rim, or fight with the wind to keep my match lit.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I take it this is an aromatic, and neither burleys nor aromatics are known for aging well, but they will

certainly keep in a mason jar for a long time, in terms of storage. I wouldn't plan to keep it for five

years, but for a year or three, they'll likely do fine. I'm a big burley fan, and I have found that burley

keeps well and even mellows somewhat, but it is not noted for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.