PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Rather than vie against trust fund babies and other crazies over collectible Barlings I picked up a couple of agreeable items. The first is a 7 year old tin of Escudo for $24.50. It's certainly easier on the pocketbook than the $100+ dollar tins that are a couple of years older.
Escudo
And the second is this cool pipe by Bob Hayes for $52.00
Bob Hayes Pipe
I really like the play of rustication and smooth and the pipe appears to be in excellent condition. Hayes won TAPS Professional Carver of the Year Award for three years running. I suspect he knows how to make a good pipe.
eBay was good today.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
Nothing like having a good relaxing day on ebay. I'll bet that Escudo will be tasty.

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
Great deals all around and WOW what a fun pipe! I like it a bunch and it looks like a bit of work went into what initially comes across as a simple little pipe. :clap:
j/B

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Jesse:
I'll be the odd man out here. I don't share everybody's love for Escudo but I buy the odd tin, and set aside, like I do with P&C's Anni Kake. The stuff is great trading material.
But, the Bob Hayes burner is just stunning. Anything under the Tarler umbrella is worthy of a reverential genuflection. (And with that remark I mean no disrespect to Mr. Hayes individual, God given talents.)
Fnord

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
It's nice when you can get your money's worth. I think you did. I agree that the contrasts and stem make this pipe very appealing. :clap:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That was a big day for you! I love the Bob Hayes piece.
$_57.JPG

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I'm smoking thru a tin of Escudo from that same period. It is very good. Well worth that money imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.