PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
In half and stuffed like matchsticks in my Briar Bird Cherrywood.BTW it is Irish Flakes

Just started my week long unplaned vacation think I may do some spring cleaning.

Off to warm up this mornings coffee

Happy puffin

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
iffin it dont whoop me with the nic kick but I got my chocolate chip cookies handy.

Had a guy at work that chewed plug tobacco and I offered him a flake. He took it and said it was a very tasty chew

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Hope you enjoy it! Have not tried it either but I'm sure the day will come.

Happy puffing! :puffy:

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
I chewed before I took up the pipe. I have tasted some of the flake Tobacco because the smell like very good chewing tobacco and they are. I prefer them in a pipe though. The early plug and rope tobaccos where ment to be chewed or smoked. Many men would bite off a chew while working and from the same plug cut flakes and rub it out to smoke in his pipe at night.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Now you're speakin' my language Pawpaw! Irish Flake is damned fine stuff - but I have to be careful to smoke it on a full stomach, or I end up feeling green.
jwp159, my grandfather often compares the aroma of said Irish Flake to the chew/pipe-plug his local druggist kept under glass; he figures they are pretty close, at least as far as his 91 year old memory can recall. Now if only I had his stable of Dunhills and Kaywoodies...he would get a new pipe at Christmas each year, tossing the old in the garbage! I often wonder how many amazing pieces of briar suffered the same sad fate.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
I cut my wisdom teeth on Browns Mule Plug wonder how that would smoke?
schmitzbitz this is some slow and cool burning flake and my stomach is starting to tell me to feed it
need more coffee as well

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
What is this irish flake you speak of... I have heard much about it mostly good but have yet to try any. Being unemployed it may be a while before I can sample / buy any. Would any one be able to shoot me a bowl to try?

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
well that bowl just ended and toker I is sorry but I am down to 3 flakes next ones will be in smaller bowls and 1/2 a flake at a time

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I used to chew Levi Garret and Red Man Plug on occasion. My wife would never kiss me again if she thought I was chewing, though. Gonna stick to pipes (and maybe sneak some nasal snuff) for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.