PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Talk about fantastic customer service, I recently purchased a Moretti Morta Rhodesian from Marco Biagini of Pipes Moretti and two days later it was delivered from Italy. You can't get a package from California delivered that fast! Not only was the delivery quick but the communication of what to expect was excellent. The pipe itself is spectacular. I've been wanting a Morta for some time but the service is truly in a class by itself. So if you're in the market for a fine Italian Artisan pipe at very reasonable prices give Marco a try. You won't be disappointed.

www.pipemoretti.com

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That is pretty amazing 2 days from Italy. I have watched his pipes for years and the only reason I don't own one is the acrylic stems. He makes some goreous pipes especially for the buck. Are his pipes like most other Italian mfgs which all in my experience have a nice wide open draw?

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Harris, I find they draw somewhat less than say a Radice or Ascorti but about the same as a MDP or a Ser Jacopo which is just about where I like it. Most of my Italian made pipes sport acrylic stems but they seems to use a better grade than others. They don't have that "plastic" feel you usually get with acrylic. And "Bang for the Buck" WOW, Moretti is at about half of what the others are selling for and the workmanship is every bit as good. Based on my few exchanges with them, they might be willing to make the pipe with a vulcanite stem if that what you wanted. Inquire, the worst they can say is no! If you're interested I have a direct email link to Marco. PM me and I'll send it to you. Dutch

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Hi Dutch, one of my best Italian pipes was a MDP Apple that was an incredible smoker. I had it for at least a decade and it never let me down. Mastro De Paja is a brand that people totally forget about, they are so underrated.

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
Two days? That's some serious customer service!
I know I already said this, but just emphasize: gorgeous pipe!
I fully agree regarding the MDPs. Great smokers and perfect fit and finish.
Cheers,
J

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I liked the shape so much I talked to Marco about making the same pipe in an olive wood smooth. That would make a nice pair of light and dark, textured and smooth pipes. I think I'll commission it right after the New Year. Maybe I'll add a briar in medium brown later next year. That would make a set of three duplicate pipes in three different colors and textures. What's great about Moretti pipes is that you can have custom made pipes for less than what you would pay for a good grade of Savinelli and his workmanship is impeccable.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Two days from Italy is outstanding.
My last pipe (bought stateside) spent 8 days trying to escape the U.S.P.S. sorting facility in Tampa and 3 more days trying to explain it all to the authorities inside the U.S.P.S. sorting facility in Memphis.
8O

Status
Not open for further replies.