PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Heya gang.
The Lakeshore Smokestacks and the Downtown Toronto Pipe Club, are proud to announce the date and time of our annual fall B.B.Q.
Michael Parks has once again graciously opened the doors of his shop and home to host this event.
We have a tonne going on this year: Mike, Giovanni Placentile and Evan Wiseman will be holding an open discussion on the stages of pipe making, Mike will be offering studio tours, we'll have a Slow Smoke contest, a "Best Canadian" collection contest, raffle, and a catered luncheon.
Last but not least, there will once again be a Swap & Sell where folks can buy, sell, swap and swindle (okay not swindle) to offload, update and enhance their pipe, tobacco and ephemera collection.
This year we are opening the event to pipe lovers from far and wide. We had thirty folks out last year, and would love to double the numbers this year; so if you can make the time, and find your way to Bowmanville on September 12th, we'd love to meet you.
Registration for the event is up and running here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/2015-fall-bbq-with-michael-parks-tickets-17763072829
Holler if you're registering and coming in from out of town, I'd be happy to make hotel/B&B recommendations.
Cheers,
-- Pat

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Damn... Seriously cool. I'd kill to be there!! Although if you wouldn't mind, please tell Parks he shouldn't be doing anything fun till he finishes my pipe. No play! Only work!! :D

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Damn... Seriously cool. I'd kill to be there!! Although if you wouldn't mind, please tell Parks he shouldn't be doing anything fun till he finishes my pipe. No play! Only work!! :D
Ummm... I tell you what. You negotiate with Bradley about who should be first in line and then come back to me. :wink:
-- Pat

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I'm so sick and tired of not having my own private jet and associated staff! It seriously is effecting the quantity of happiness I'm able to obtain!! Please take lots o' photos and I'll just photoshop myself into the fun.

Thanks!!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I'm so sick and tired of not having my own private jet and associated staff! It seriously is effecting the quantity of happiness I'm able to obtain!! Please take lots o' photos and I'll just photoshop myself into the fun.

Thanks!!
You bet. It should be a good day. The guys are all pretty excited about it.
-- Pat

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
This event sounds like a seriously good time. It's a little too early for me to commit right now but I am very hopeful that my wife and I will be able to make it. Thanks for the heads up. :)

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Take lots of pics. I am SELDOM jealous of those east of the Mississippi. This is one of those times. And a trip to the Great White North is always a good time. Enjoy!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Here is a link to the pictures from last year's barbecue. We're hoping to double our numbers and have added the slow smoke competition and collection contest to this year's events.
http://www.torontopipeclub.ca/september-bbq-recap/
Would it be considered cheating if Michael enters his self made pipes in the Best Canadian contest?
Mike may not know it yet, but he's going to be one of our judges, so I think that disqualifies him as a contestant.
-- Pat

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
If I traveled that is one Swaray I would attend, Good People, Great Carvers, especially Mike Parks, and I have never been to Canada. I am jealous of the pending festivies, to all A Good Time and Las Pa La Patot, Cher!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Las Pa La Patot, Cher!
Thanks Brad. We will finish strong and have a good time. I'll also keep a weather eye out for any pipes headed towards Louisiana. Wish you traveled, my friend, it would be pretty wonderful to host you up here.
-- Pat

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Pat,
That looks like a seriously fabulously good time! Love Toronto as well! I was there for several weeks while shooting scenes for a miniseries and had ample time, between calls to the set, to ramble around the neighborhoods.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Jesse, I'm glad you enjoyed your time in TO. It is seriously underrated as far as cities go. September is a wonderful time to be here.
We had fun last year. Our raffle last year was for one of three estate pipes that were blasted (on site during the event by Michael and attendees) and finished by Michael after the event. So those are the pipes you see taped and in various states of blasting in the photos. I was staggered by just how awesome looking that piece of mammoth ivory is.
We had an anti-bbq at the last minute and catered from a local Ukranian joint. Strangely, pipe guys like sausage, perogies, cabbage rolls and schnitzel. I'm not sure whether their partners thanked us for that, but the guys really enjoyed the food.
We're hoping to top the good times and the food this year. I'm currently negotiating with a local specialty coffee roaster to be on site to custom brew locally roasted, direct trade, coffee and we're still determining whether to look elsewhere for food or bring back that tasty goodness from last year.
More news as we finalize things.
-- Pat

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Strangely, pipe guys like sausage, perogies, cabbage rolls and schnitzel.
After participating in a box pass and sampling some of the blends out in the wild, nothing would surprise me.
and we're still determining whether to look elsewhere for food or bring back that tasty goodness from last year.
You could order from Schwartz. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...smoked meat...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
My wife Sheila and I will be making the trip up to this years event from the Essex County/Windsor area. Tickets have been secured and we are good to go. Definitely looking forward to meeting up with some pipe folks and enjoying the festivities!! Checked out the pics of last years event and man does it ever look like a good time...and to meet and hang out with Mr. Parks well that's just too cool!! Love the Lakeshore Smokestacks coffee cup in the one pic too...good leaf and good coffee well that's just righteous! See y'all there. :D

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
You could order from Schwartz. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...smoked meat...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Was this what you had in mind?

I've spent eight of the last fifteen days in Montreal. Schwartz's was definitely on the menu. It is, unfortunately, a little too far to deliver for our event.
@jkrug - Jim, that's great news! We look forward to meeting you and Sheila. I just secured the coffe for the event. We are going to have a local coffee roaster on site brewing coffees on demand for folks, and recommending coffee varieties based on pairing coffee to the tobacco folks are smoking.
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.