PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockvillepete

Might Stick Around
Feb 21, 2013
I picked these up on eBay yesterday. They were listed by a pipe seller in Warsaw (Warszawa) Poland and made by a pipe maker named Tadeusz Poliński, who appears to have been making pipes since 1983. I was really impressed with these even though I know nothing about the maker or his pipes. The staining, rustication, and cross grain are lovely. The listing indicates that both pipes were made from Italian briar, the stem on the bent apple is acrylic while the oom paul is ebonite and both are quite large.
13231205105_39cbba70c9_c_d.jpg

13231204725_4cdef242cf_c_d.jpg

13231205125_be87862329_c_d.jpg

13231204415_a2182f4e21_c_d.jpg

13231343253_d507101205_c_d.jpg

Has anyone heard of this maker or have any experience with his pipes? The bidding for these was pretty heavy with a combined total of 65 bids. Even so, I picked these up for a little over $100 each which I think is pretty reasonable for pipes of this quality. Now comes the hard part: waiting for the interminably slow overseas delivery & customs check. I’ll report back on how they smoke in a few weeks.
13231204125_71accf0083_c_d.jpg

13231342623_ddf0c3d344_c_d.jpg

13231530044_f6bbc38c5c_c_d.jpg

13231342153_e014e459bc_c_d.jpg

13231530454_bcd1d05c0e_c_d.jpg

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
Beautiful pipes, I have no information but don't need any with pipes that good looking. I especially like the first.

Jan 8, 2013
Beautiful. Absolutely stunning. And it sounds like you caught quite a deal on them. I fear I am no help here either, but I had to oogle a bit.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Been looking at those pipes on eBay for a while now, but haven't pulled the trigger on one bc of the shipping cost and long wait time. They look like excellently made pipes and please update us on details once they arrive. From what I've researched, you will be happy with them, happy smokes. Looks like it finally might be time to give them a shot!

iliumneves

Lurker
Feb 10, 2014
I picked up one of his pipes about a month ago. Quality is solid. Only two smokes out of it so far. Can't complain.
Enjoy your new pipes

rockvillepete

Might Stick Around
Feb 21, 2013
Many thanks all! I figured I'd roll the dice since they looked great and weren't that much of an investment. Good to read that your experience with one of his pipes has been favorable iliumneves. I'll definitely report back on these when they finally arrive. The overseas shipping and interminable wait are a major PIA but in this case it may be worth it.
The maker has a website that includes several pages in English describing his pipe making abilities along with a photo gallery of his pipes. Here's another of his pipes. I'm a sucker for a nice volcano and this one is just gorgeous!
13243694445_20af639aee_z_d.jpg

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yeah they look like quality. We will all be interested to see how they smoke, but I would say for the time involved to make such beautiful pipes they should smoke good. Keep us posted.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
I have looked at their website as well and they definitely seem to be a legitimate up and coming operation. They offer some killer shapes, especially when it comes to pokers. You just have to look closely at the listing, because some of their pipes are 9mm filter and some have no filter. I hate filtered pipes and i know you can get an adapter, but i'd rather just avoid that altogether. Just a thought before bidding on one.
Pete, i will be anxiously standing by to see what your experience with them is like. I really think there will be no issues and they will prove to be great pipes. But if true, this translates to yet another case of PAD and a further drain on my economy for me and a couple solid smoking pipes for you, lol! Win/win situation? Hmmmmm...

iliumneves

Lurker
Feb 10, 2014
Thought I would toss mine up here - love the large size - feels great in hand - not great for clinching obviously - not too heavy though.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I have been bidding / losing on his pipes for months. I really want one, but others want them more. One of these days I will win.
Winton

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Winton, search on eBay for these names of some newer pipe makers who have some beautiful poker's, if that's what you're looking for. I have had my eye on them and been watching their listings recently.
Mario Grandi - not new though

Moretti - not new also

brian doran

scott Hudson

unique briar

brax17 - his seller name, not sure of his pipe names

LonelyCrow Pipes
Some of these might not be the best looking grain and most flawless construction, but they are very reasonably priced and handmade pipes. Hope this helps.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Layinpipe, thanks for the list. I liked the cherry pipe of LonelyCrow Pipes. But the Chicago Pipe Show is about six weeks away and I am saving up. I have money burning in my pocket and really want to find some pipes this year.
Winton

Status
Not open for further replies.