Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
The famous author Mark Twain loved to smoke a pipe, and he did so quite often. He also made two of his most famous characters - Tom Sawyer, and Huckleberry Finn - pipe smokers as well ... Corn Cob pipe smokers to be exact.
So, it is only fitting that the Missouri Meerschaum Company would introduce new pipes named after all three of them.
A. Miller gives his take on Corn Cob pipes in general, and the new Mark Twain series as well in his latest piece for PipesMagazine.com -
Twain and His Creations Arrive in Corn Cob Fame

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
I have now have 2 country gentlemen. I think I'm gonna get the Mark Twain on my next order. The Huck Finn may be too small. I love my cobs. I feel like I can just enjoy my tobacco without worrying about the pipe. I got my second country gentleman today. I smoked the second bowl of my sweet tea down to ash with just one match. Sweet!

aquilas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
I got the Mark Twain due to an order mixup by Missouri Meerschaum (and a couple MacArthurs....holy fck those things are huge) and with their awesome customer service, I got to keep it and still received my original order.
My favorite cob is the country gent, but after smoking the Mark Twain, it's become a favorite cob. Thick walls, nicely sized bowl, and the bend just helps it sit right. I've gotten a few compliments on it.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I have both the bent and straight Mark Twain pipes and they are indeed good smokers with nice thick walls. I also have the Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn (2 of each considering their price) that have never been smoked as they are just too damn small for my liking. Actually, the Tom Sawyer pipe is so small it looks more like a toy. I realize that Tom and Huck were only about 12 years of age, but these two pipes look more suited for the Munchkins! lol

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Almost done with my first bowl in my first cob and I'm impressed with these nice light pipes. I got 2 of the Washington's and I'm smoking Fr Mor Cellar to break it in. Cheers
tinner :puffy: We need a puffy with a big 'ol cob.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Actually, the Tom Sawyer pipe is so small it looks more like a toy.
LOL ... it does kind of!
However, after having smoked a couple dozen bowls from it, I can say it's a great little smoker.
The Tom Sawyer is a nice 15-20 minute smoke ... perfect for those "on the go" times.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I only smoke about two to three bowls a day and when I do so I take the time to relax with it and noting else. So, a quick 15 minute smoke would not suit my need and I might as well light up a cigarette for that short amount of time. I don't know, but if I ever get off of the damn things (been a cigarette smoker for 50+ years) such a small pipe might well indeed be the ticket. But, not the Tom Sawyer! Maybe the Huck Finn so I don't look like Gulliver smoking one of the Lilliputians pipes! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.