PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
It's alright. Kind of too far fetched and not very well made. The fight scene at the beginning of the first episode was pretty cool

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
The type of voting witnessed in the second episode, just the way some of the clothing, and tools being used. Crazy boat builders. It doesn't look/seem too authentic I guess I meant to say. Maybe they thought if they didn't do much research it would still be a hit with the 'tv zombies' anyway. I don't watch alot of TV as it is. Nothing really seems to interest me out there. As far as I can see IMO only the title of the show sounds good. I will give it a chance to develop the story line, but so far I'm not too thrilled with it.

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
Yeah some of it is for show to attract people, I think some of it is exaggerated to show some of their superstition and such. I'm basically watching it because I've always been interested in Viking culture and want to see where they take it, but we will see.

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
I casually watch a few minutes of here and there while surfing the net. Whatever faults it may have it's still better than most of the shows on t.v. I am, however, really looking forward to the next season of Mad Men!

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
I've been watching The Bible and Vikings since they started and I really enjoy them both; however, I did miss both shows last night since there was a Duck Dynasty marathon on and I just could not turn them off...
But hey, it's the History Channel. If they air a show once, they air it 1,000 times. So I'll be catching them soon.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Me and my Wife enjoy it quite a bit but wish it wasn't on History so they would show a little more of the good stuff haha

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Just moved so no cable yet... Maybe I'll check it out; vikings were awesome 700 years ago so it stands to reason this show should be awesome... Cause that's totally how it should work. lol

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
I've been watching it, but I dont know. I really want to like it, but there is just something very bland about it. And it up against the walking dead>

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Vikings?

Watched it not have I....

Hooked on series SPARTACUS I am.
Apologies...

To hijack thread is not my purpose.
I shall cleave the circle and speak intent.

With cause to preserve speech understood and stave interruption whilst viewing, of my family I solitude demand.

As would need demand of all such excellent fiction, period based, as Vikings and Spartacus yet viewed. :D
:puffy:

pens87

Lurker
Jul 24, 2010
Like what I see so far. As others have mentioned it isn't the most accurate show about the vikings but it is entertaining. Some things might seem off but HC is hitting on some facts. A common misconception is that the vikings were pirate likr raiders but many really were farmers that were 'part time' raiders. Also the Thing from the first episode is based on the norsemen's gathering to settle disputes etc.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I have also been watching the new Series "The Bible".
Been wanting to watch that so I may have to wait until the History Channel reproduces it on DVD. Been hearing great things about it.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I found the online episodes. I watch the 1st 15 min or so. I really like what I see here. I love when those dirt bags came into the wife's house and she cleaned their clocks. That was AWESOME!
http://www.history.com/shows/vikings/videos/vikings-rites-of-passage?m=512aa8006f3f1

Status
Not open for further replies.