PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
Been buying codger brands. Found out Francis Albert smoked Mix 79. Tried it years ago. Hated it. Other day it tasted pretty good.

Dad smoked SWR. One of his friends... Half and Half.

Seen Carter Hall mentioned a few times here. Even smoke. Cool. Pleasant. I can see this being a thang with me when I break my bowl a day rule.

Hail Carter Hall!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Codger blends are very satisfying. Angler's Dream is a great modern tribute to those tobaccos.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
Seen Carter Hall mentioned a few times here. Even smoke. Cool. Pleasant. I can see this being a thang with me when I break my bowl a day rule.

Hail Carter Hall!
Four bowls a day...seven days a week. Many great epiphanies while smoking it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
PC's match of Walnut, which is Chestnut, is a non-aro somewhat English blend, a good one; Russ O. also does a great Americana blend in Log Cabin, an improvement on various codger blends ... sweet, mild, and flavorful.
As mentioned before, I can't taste Sir Walter Raleigh, but at some point I might try the aro version with some Virginia leaf and liqueurs flavoring.

May 4, 2015
Mixture 79? Carter Hall? Never heard of them.
6iD2i1K.jpg

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
A satisfying tobacco is a good tobacco regardless of the leaf, topping, etc. Unless, of course, you are smoking for others. Then it's all about the room-note. I'm selfish, I go for what I like although, sometimes, on the road, I have to go for what's available. Then, I thank God for my wnot too discerning palate.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I fire up a fair amount of Prince Albert. Quite relaxing, although I usually have to mix in a pinch of some strong rope to give it some strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.