PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Greetings all,
I just recieved the latest edition of "Now Playing" magazine from TCM. It's a monthly, small format viewer guide to all movies playing on TCM for the month. Also included are interesting articles about the star of the month as well as other stars and movies. Well worth the $12.95 a year subscription price.
The March star of the month is the great actor Karl Malden. I just had to share the front cover photo which shows Malden with pipe in hand and, what appears to be a pouch of Marxman tobacco! Love the hat, too.
This is what I love about TCM. Their credo is "Uncut and Original" referring to the films they show. This philosophy obviously extends to photos of the stars. They could have easily cropped or altered the photo to exclude the pipe, but they didn't. Bravo!
cacooper9
[/url][/img]
Long live Turner Classic Movies!
CACooper

Jul 15, 2011
This remark is in no way meant to be disrespectful of Karl Malden but: That mans face always made me smile. It looks like someone jammed a potato on his face and he just kept it there out of spite. :mrgreen:
In all seriousness, that is really cool. It's good to see that there are still people who don't shy away from things in the past.

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
I'm a big TCM fan too. Great photo. Love CM. I'm sick this week and thank God for TCM.

Status
Not open for further replies.