PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
Funny how hankerings can change. I've been stuck on Mac B Scottish, Mcclelland Town Topic and 1Q for a few weeks now. Nothing else seemed to work. Suddenly, with the turn to cooler temps, I have had an exclusive hankering for Latakia mixtures. Now I rotate Sutliff Med English, H&H Marquee BlackHouse and Lane HGL.
Variety is nice!

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I agree about the need for variety. One of the great enjoyments of pipe smoking is the process of selecting a blend and a pipe for the evening and then retreating to my smoking chair for an hour or more of pure enjoyment. I am usually pretty consistent on rotating blends and pipes for each smoke to where I rarely if ever smoke the same blend back to back. I love the variety. When I was a drinker I was that way with beer and to a certain extent bourbon as well. My father on the other hand smoked the same 'ol Nat Sherman cigarettes and drank the same 'ol Coors beer until the day he died. Interesting how people's tastes and preferences vary.
...you've got me craving a bowl of Blackhouse now. I guess that will be my next bowl.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Variety is nice!
Indeed ... the spice of life! :)
This summer was dominated by Va's, Va/Bur's and Va/Per's for me but I have a tin of

GLP Gaslight that I've been waiting to pop open.
Fall is my favorite time of year and is always too short.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
Fall is my favorite time of year and is always too short.
Indeed. I LOVE FALL... I am currently working 75 hours a week on nights shift and I have to sleep away these GLORIOUS days...it is gut wrenching
There should be a song about the fall... there are some thta SEEM like that they are about the fall, but mostly they are about girls and broken hearts and gooey stuff...

natibo

Nov 10, 2013
Cincinnati, OH USA
I love fall too. I do opposite of many folks. As the weather gets colder, I smoke more indoors. So I move to VaPers and Aros in the winter.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
It's both a blessing and a curse to be new to this - I've identified a few must-have blends that I'll be keeping on hand and/or cellaring, but there are just so many others out there to try! I've grown fond of Latakia-forward English and Balkan blends, and I've identified a few aros that my wife likes much better, but I need to clear out a few more of my sample jars so that I can justify another sampler order... :D

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's a luxury to have variety in rotation, and to be able to change it. I don't seem to move with the season

so much. I had a big yin for full strength burley blends in the heat, but maybe more Latakia will play into

the cooling weather.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
One of the great things I love about piping. My taste always seems to evolve and change. It always keeps me interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.