PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
10424272_10152493137437889_2726407593295050391_n.jpg

This Fathers Day i Enjoyed a Cup of Turkish Coffee with my Dad and Brother in law While Smoking my latest Restoration.
A.David Ltd Bent Dublin With a gorgeous Blast. Filled With Hobbits Weed.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Wow, that looks terrific! How is turkish coffee made, is it the the bean and the way it's ground.. or the way it's brewed, or both?

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Well here is how i do it.
The Beans i usually get ground up already the best batch my parents get me is from Israel but its not hard to get in North America you can find them at grocery stores and if your lucky at any middle eastern market near you. The main difference with Turkish Coffee and espresso for example is the spices IE Cumin and other varies spices that give it the full body taste. Don't just limit yourself to Turkish Varieties this coffee is brewed in many countries IE Israel, Turkey, Grease, Brazil ETC each having their own slight twist to it. I personally Enjoy Greek and Israel Variants.
Things you need.
Ground coffee

img_4886-small.jpg

Metal Coffee Boiler?

cezveler.jpg

Spoons

Table Spoon for the Coffee

Teaspoon For Sugar (optional)
Small Plate or Cover for the Pot
Small Serving Cups
Step 1
I like to use a electric tea kettle to heat the water in before pouring into the Coffee Boiler its not necessary but it does speed up the process and makes a smoother coffee.
If you are using a gas stove have the flame just below the pot, If you are using an electric stove 7-9 is good but place the pot half on and half off the element this prevents the coffee from burning and will give it a small current while it boils.(you will see what i mean)
Step 2
Pour in the heated water and using a tablespoon add minimum two full spoons of the coffee. I say 2spoons per 1-2 people. so 4 people i would add 3-4spoonfulls of coffee.
Stir the coffee gradually also lift out some with the spoon and let it fall back in to test the viscosity.
Do this for 5-6mins
Step 3
The pot should have a beige foam on top of the coffee using the spoon skim the foam off the top and dump it in the sink clean as much as you can you don't need to get all of it just the thin layer.
I know what your thinking but in this type of coffee too much foam isn't good.
Step 4
At this Point you can add your sugar Two teaspoon per person if you like your coffee regular Three teaspoons if you usually drink a Double Double (Canadian Two Cream Two Sugar).
If you add sugar stir for another 1-2min. If no sugar skip to this.
Take the pot off the heat source put it to the side to cool with the plate or cover on top and allow it to settle for at least 10min. This is so that all the spices and sediment settle and sink to the bottom of the pot and the coffee stays on top.
Step 5
Pour in little cups and enjoy.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Oh man, thank you so much. Wow, it looks just like I remember. I lived in Beirut for a year in 75' and drank it several times from vendors on the street but never knew how it was made. I gotta get a boiling pot and the coffee. It looks like it would go very well with an English blend tobacco. Great stuff, thank for posting this.
So one pot makes enough for 2 people? And if you have 4 people do this procedure twice?

Jul 12, 2011
LOVE Turkish Coffee w/Bowl...I went lazy route and got a Beko ~ add Turkish coffee, sugar ( optional ) , water, hit button and in three or so minutes you have a perfect cup :worship:
beko-single-512x400.jpg

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
In Southeast Michigan we have many hukka bars, so a different kind of pipe, but the coffee is the same. I am going to have to look into a machine for home.

Status
Not open for further replies.