PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
It's been a challenging month- working 7 days a week and very little time to spend on pipemaking.....but I did manage to get this one completed today. Pretty much inspired by a tulip brandy shape with a cocobolo-ebonite stem....

2prskkz.jpg

9jhjih.jpg

20r0ear.jpg

vzty55.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
As the new pipemaker of the wonderfully magnificent Rosenthal Freehand (I won't post the link... You've all seen it. You all know how superbly awesome it is) that has recently graced these Pipesmagazine.com pages and a self proclaimed pipemaking genius and true artisan master... I have to say... Meh. I'm not impressed.
:nana: :lol: Just kidding. If I ever develop half your talent, I'll be proud. I love the stem and the fluting (for lack of a better word) transitioning from stem to shank. That's just dang cool. You never fail to impress, Zack. Of course the snapping turtle is my favorite shape you've turned out yet, but this one is a beauty too. :clap: Keep turning them out, Zack. We love to see them.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Thanks guys!
I hesitate to see what you could really do if you had time to do your thing.
Bradley, Greta says the same thing...and her goal in life is to give me a never ending list of things to do...:)
I love the stem and the fluting (for lack of a better word) transitioning from stem to shank.

That shaping is with the edge of the sanding disk that JAlan is selling- let's you shape a really clean line....I use a couple of those and then a homemade disk with 600 grit to finish...

Status
Not open for further replies.