PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
In a word, refined. This a bit milder than I thought it might be based on the descriptions I've read, but for my palate that's a plus. For me the first quarter of the bowl is a little flat, but that's the way most Virginias are for me. But after that it really rounded out. The reds in this blend are muted down, not so tangy, but that bready sweetness is always there. The orientals fill in with a fantastic dry herbal mustiness. I don't get too much nuttiness. I don't taste the perique so much as feel it as a tingle in the snork and in the back of my throat, but I think it really adds some body. It's very cool smoking and never came close to biting.
Overall, a great medium blend whose components complement each other very well with no rough edges. I will be getting a few tins for the cellar.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Who makes it? Maybe I should know, but I don't. Virginias, orientals and Perique ... anything else? Non-aro, flavorings?

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I'm smoking a bowl right now as it happens from a tin dated 2015. I've learned it needs a fair bit of drying to get the best from it which also diminishes that nasty ketchup stink somewhat. Also, gentle sipping is the way to go here to get to taste all of those flavours.
Thus far I would say this is the best American blend I've smoked!
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.