PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
It's been a few weeks since I have opened the tin. My first Toby purchase was a small variety that included Dunhill Nightcap.

I did a short review of it here.

My second order was about twice the size and had a tin of Tsuge's Winter's Embrace.

I have only smoked one bowl of each, so I am no expert. I prove that daily.

The tin note of both Tobys is very similar. Tsuge may be more similar to another Dunhill, but my point is that it seems in the ballpark. Time to give it a try?

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
I've smoked a lot of Dunhill Nightcap, and enjoy it immensely. That said, I've never tried or seen Tsuge Winter's Embrace. But since Nightcap has Lat/perique/Va/Orientals and Winter's Embrace is listed as just Virgina, I find it odd that they would have a similar tin note. I would think Winter's Embrace would be closer to Royal Yacht, Ready Rubbed, Ye Olde Signe or something like that, being that those are Va based.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I haven't tried any Tsuge blends, but I have smoked some Dunhill blends and have some on hand, and I've smoked many other brands. Dunhill blends seem to fill their own niche. I'm not saying that there is nothing comparable, only that Dunhill seems to make its own statement with each of its blends that isn't mirrored even in blends made to match them. As with some of the old codger blends, there is good reason Dunhill blends have been so popular.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
According to Cosmic, Tsuge should get out of the tobacco business. Most blends have their fans, but nothing in the Tsuge blend descriptions drew me in.

phantomwolf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Had a tin of Raigin gifted to me and I managed three bowls before trashing it. I feel that was two and a half bowls more of an attempt than it merited.

Status
Not open for further replies.