PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Did anyone grab these and has anyone had the pleasure of actually smoking any yet? I love the tin art but had to resist ordering as it's that time of the year to put others first. I am excited to try these though. Darn, just saw the Winter is already sold out. I hope that it isn't gone for long.
http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/Tsuge/index.cfm

planetary

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 4, 2012
SF Bay Area
Interesting that smokingpipes has Winter's Embrace as a Virginia. The original press release indicated that the entire Four Seasons line was meant to be aromatic. Perhaps it's a light aro? At any rate, until we get some reviews and can start to quibble about taxonomy, I've added all four blends to tobaccoreviews.com as aromatics for now.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Tin art seems to be the topic du jour today. I prefer simple tin art a la L. J. Peretti's plain yellow label, but like daimyo I think the tin art on these Tsuge tins is gorgeous and very well done.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
I tried the Winter's Embrace at our meeting and very much enjoyed it (and that coming from a VA/English guy.) It is a light aro, maybe pistachio, but very nice VA's. Very dry, not goopy and great tin art, what's not to like?

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Just got a set of the Seasons series from P&C - will be ordering the Gods series as soon as it's in stock... Haven't tried any of them yet, as I'm still working on the Bjarne Viking foursome.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Hey CM, where'd you get it? I can't find it anywhere. I got the seasons but no God series and I really wanna try!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Here they are Nate.
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/mobile/brands/1756/tsuge-pipes/
I can't pick a favorite, all four are quite enjoyable! :wink:

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Chasingembers - the Gods series are all listed at P&C as pre-orders. They're not in stock yet, but you can sign up to get an e-mail alert when they do have them in stock... :puffpipe:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Well that stinks, my B&M had samples, and was hoping I had found an online source. Sorry! They are really good though. :oops:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have more aro's on hand than I regularly smoke, but the non-aros (if I can discern which they are) definitely

appeal to me. Though I hate to be influenced, the tin art is superlative, without question.

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
I bought 3 of 4 seasons in a recent order but haven't cracked any of them yet. Sooner or later I'll get around to them. I like the tin art also. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.