PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

millert640

Lurker
Jan 17, 2017
I'm trying to find out the value of my Lloyds Compact pipe. I don't know if it having "Century Old Briar" stamped on it will increase or not. I can only find ended ebay unsold posts for around $4o.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Value can be very subjective, but I see others out there in the 40 to 60 dollar range. Depends on the condition of the pipe.
"Lloyd's" were made by Comoy's according to "Who Made That Pipe". Someone else may have a definitive answer for you.

doctorbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Grand Ledge, Michigan
That Lloyd's was a Lorenzo second, "century old briar" was a normal stamp and doesn't really mean anything as far as price is concerned.
The pipe only has value as a smoking utensil, with very little collector interest in the brand.
Doc

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think you can buy those folding vest pocket pipes new for around $40 to $60, so they should be somewhat less as estate pipes. There are some upscale versions that go for more, $80 to $100. My impression is that quite a few of these pipes are purchased but not so many smoked regularly. A sturdy smaller bent billiard or other compact shape can serve as an excellent pocket pipe and usually has a more ample bowl, better balance, and doesn't have the folding aspect, a mixed blessing I'd say. However, on ebay you can ask anything ... you might get a buyer. Who knows?

millert640

Lurker
Jan 17, 2017
I was trying to see if I over paid which it seems I did. At least I didn't pay what the shop owner originally wanted $150. I was able to talk him down to $40 because the pipe has been sitting in his pawn shop for years.

millert640

Lurker
Jan 17, 2017
It took me a year and a half to talk him down to $40. My main point in the discussion with the shop owner was how long the pipe had been sitting in the case. h finally broke drown and sold it for $40. the origional asking price was $150 then it went to $100. Then $60 and finally $40.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Here's a link to new one for a little less, but new ones can go for somewhat more too.
http://wvsmokeshop.com/smoothvestpocketsmokingpipewfoldingstem.aspx

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
185.1__29636.1440831135.1280.1280.JPG

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
To post a picture:
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Photobucket; Dropbox, etc.), or on virtually any site, select the full image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose copy image location. Now paste that URL (the full web address) into the box that pops up under IMG in the compose reply window of the thread in which you want the photo to show. Bingo; now you've posted a photo directly!

Status
Not open for further replies.