PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
so PAD is kicking my ass, which one would you pick?
http://www.smokingpipes.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=97718
http://www.smokingpipes.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=106839

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
I would buy the second one personally. It will mean a larger initial outlay but the collectability I think would be higher on the second pipe. That could mean more if down the road your tastes change and you want to trade it or sell it as an estate.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
;) because my PAD fund is a bit low and im struggling to decide between the two, no matter which one Ill be going up to $150 with a couple tins of tobacco just gotta decide what pipe! I love the shape and the smooth/rustication on the Leonardo Im not sure what I think about having his head on there ( its cool but i haven't decided how cool it really is) so this is why Im having your guys input :D

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I like the second one..When you buy a pipe it should be one that you have a special feeling for.If you feel that way about one of these buy it.If you don't keep looking.

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
I would want that Leonardo Da Vinci... better get it or I will HAHAHA
But I agree having his face look up your nose as you smoke a bowl... kinda weird... but it's a weird I can live with...
Since your PAD fund is low get the other one... and get some tobacco and enjoy haha

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Leonardo da Vinci for sure. I think it would be money well spent. I have never regretted buying a higher quality item, you get what you pay for. That said, if you like both equally, then of course choose the cheaper one - you can't go wrong with a Sav! :puffy:

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
The first one is nice and classy looking. The second one is kinda different looking. Never seen one in that particular shape beofre. Is that a tamper that comes with it?

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
I'm not really digging the whole "rusticated" thing so won't offer my opinion. Other than echo what others have said in that you should follow your heart!

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Also you might check Smokers Haven at www.smokershaven.com.
They have Savinelli pipes under new pipes and the prices are reasonable. Might even be able to get 2 for the $150 price range.
Best of luck in your selections

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
You realize both are filter pipes, right? If that's your thing, great. Otherwise I'd pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.