trying to create my own blend what do you think??

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
I am trying to create my own blend and will mix it and will be pressing it into a flake what do you think on these percentages %'s??
Black Cavendish: 33%

Perique: 17%

Red Virginia: 50%
This blend is supposed to be like Peter Stokkebye Bullseye Flake

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Sounds reasonable. Of course the cavendish will be pretty well mixed in rather than hanging out in separate chunks. Worth trying, though.
Do you plan to use an aromatic cavendish or unflavored?

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
Depending on the sweetness of the red Id maybe bump the cav down and red up. I don't lnow for sure but I would venture that the cav in LNF isn't that high. Maybe 15-20%

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
pitch it would be just like rubbing out a Bullseye flake before you smoke it, or at least that was how I thought of it. If Im wrong please tell me. I'm not sure but I think I will be using PS 201 for the cav
thanks tex I will lower the cav to 22%
"Edit" What do you think of using PS 701 as the virginia in the mix?

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Just looking at the bullseyes, you might bring the cav component down even more if you're trying to mimic PS LBF.

pt-psb0028-be.png

pitch it would be just like rubbing out a Bullseye flake before you smoke it, or at least that was how I thought of it.
If you fully rub it out, then it probably won't be much different. I don't smoke it much anymore, but I used to leave the cav centers more or less intact.
I've never had PS 201, but even if it's a little different from whatever they use in the bullseyes, it could still turn out pretty good. I mean, VA, Perique, a little bit of sweet black something or other -- what's not to like?

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
phono met it is not supposed to be exactly like LBF it was inspired by it I should have been more clear on that sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.