Trying my 1st "twist" tonight. Any advice?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
Whilst shopping for a reamer and some extra-long pipe cleaners today I got bamboozled into buying some loose "Sliced Aromatic Brown Twist" (Damn you, TAD. *Shakes Fist*). The guy told me it was Sam Gawith but looking online I believe it's Gawith Hoggarth...
Anyway, I've got it set out to dry a bit at the moment, but having never had this stuff before is there anything I need to know?
At first it looked like loose baccy, but on further inspection there are little coins of tobacco in there...should I be rubbing them out or just stuffing it all into my bowl?
Wish me luck. :eek:

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I've never had it but I think I'd try it rubbed out first..I like PS twist flake rubbed. Probably doesn't help does it, sorry.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I would cut it up into little pieces and then gravity feed the bowl using the three step method. I would also dry it for a minimum of 2 hours after cutting , that stuff usually comes very wet. Let us know how you make out.

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
Agree with Cigarmaster - lots of drying time and gravity-fill. Don't pack tightly.
I would add that you should eat dinner first, especially if you have any sensitivity to nicotine.

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
Holy Crap! I should probably stop inhaling this stuff, huh? :mrgreen:

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
TBH, this stuff tastes way too much like a cigar for my tastes...

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
It's really best mixed with some other baccy. I never smoke the twists straight up unless I really need a cigar fix.

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
Take it slow???
I was smoking the damn stuff for an hour and didn't even get past the 1/4 bowl mark (on a small Falcon Dublin bowl)!!! Damn, that stuff burns SLOW! Dried it out until it was a bit crisp too. Found it almost impossible to keep lit, which is a completely new concept to me.
I just don't think this stuff & me are made for eachother.
Having said that, LOVED the Nic hit.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Wow Kris! How did you prep this smoke? I have heard of folks who cut a bowl size weenie of the twist roll and then let it dry then smoke the whole weenie in the bowl. Is that what you did? That is sort of a kin to chopping up a cigar (a powerful one) and putting in the bowl "cut to size|" - But I am thinking you dried, rubbed it out, right?

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
Don't know if "rubbed" is the right term. When I touched the coins they just kinda fell apart. So, yeah...it was a loose ribbon type consistency when I loaded it.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
thumbs%20up.png
Sounds correct, good job. If you have more left of the stuff have fun mixing/blending!
7485661351968745889.png

Status
Not open for further replies.