PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shubie416

Lurker
Mar 6, 2014
I went down to my local Tobacco shop to pick up some pipe tobacco to top off for the summer I asked the teller for a few different brans I was looking for something new I asked if he hade Frog Morton Cellar ,Prince Albert and Squadron Leader he didn't have Frog Morton Cellar or Squadron Leader but he hade Prince Albert so I got it and some Frog Morton the bayou. That night I opened Prince Albert and tried it around the bonfire and loved it before I tried it I thought it as going to be a harsh tasting tobacco only to find out its really smooth and I sniffed the tobacco just smelled like dark chocolate and now its my favorite Pipe Tobacco

natenice1

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2014
I think all of us have gotten stranded at one time or another and with no B&M around and I do find either CH or PA are good and at times in a pinch and to keep in a regular rotation.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
When I first tried Prince Albert, I was surprised too, that it is a pleasant and somewhat mellow blend.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
It is all my Granddad ever smoked and was the first pipe tobacco I ever tried . I still keep some on Hand at all times and smoke it pretty regular .

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I got it and some Frog Morton the Bayou.
And your opinion on the Frog Morton on the Bayou?

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Price Albert is some good stuff. I don't smoke it often but I burned through a pouch I picked up to try it out. Just the right sweetness with solid tobacco flavor. I avoided OTC blends for a long time then curiosity got the best of me.

shubie416

Lurker
Mar 6, 2014
phil67 Frog Morton on the bayou is good Pipe Tobacco a lot better then the stuff I been smoking for the last little bit until I got back up to Halifax which was Brokum Riff Mixture bourbon whiskey

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Both PA and Carter Hall(CH) are "drugstore" blends, I've tried enjoy. If I'd have to match both PA and CH in a "pick one or the other" test, I think CH would come out on top, but not by much. Simple smoke, that's available, whereas finding a B&M with some of my daily smokes is much more difficult. I'm not much of an aro smoker, but the g/f enjoys when I fire them up when we're out for a walk together with the dogs.
I find mixing the aro of choice, with Carter Hall makes for a tasty smoke for me, and a nice aroma for her. Win/Win in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.