PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2012
I have been trying to do this for hours today. They switch you around to many different people. Each one tries to sell you something else. So far no luck. I will have to just refuse to pay the bill to get them to cut me off. After waiting quite a long time for the last guy they switched me to, they hung up on me. This is a vile company, disrespectful and unaccomodating. Avoid them if you can. I can remember the day when American service companies were decent and customer responsive. No more.

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
I got the run around when trying to cancel my last phone plan. So I cancelled my credit card and got a different number! They eventually got the hint after months of no payments!

Aug 1, 2012
My mom used to work customer service for them. They require the CSR to basically do the impossible and deny raises whenever they can for whatever reason they can. Yep, the company sucks.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
They raised my rate by $50 a month without adding any extras. I told them I wouldn't pay it and would go elsewhere if they were serious about charging me that outrageous price increase. The service person said she'd see what she could do, came back online a few moments later and offered me a measly one dollar discount off the price increase. I switched companies that very day after thirty years of being a customer.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
They have a customer retention department so as soon as you say you want to cancel - they should dump you to that department and those guys will offer you all sorts of stuff to keep you as a customer. But once you tell them you're not interested they are supposed to cancel.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
TW doesn't service my area so I've only had to deal with their business class service at work. I have however had similar experiences with AT&T. I feel your pain.
Been with Suddenlink for almost a year now and they are outstanding.

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
Back in my younger days I worked for att,I was receivables management. Whenever you were past due on a bill it didn matter what reason you called for you got transfered to me. Add on top of that you had to go through the stupid automated system and hour long wait times and I never got a happy customer in three years. Try not to yell at the representative there just trying to do what Little there allowed to do.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I've dealt with TW on similar issues.

Cancel your service. Be insistent. Do not let them ask you scripted questions. Tell them that you know that they are reading from a script and you don't have time for that crap and that you don't want to hear it. If they offer you a deal that makes you happy, take it, but don't let them waste your time, and get the offer in writing. Hang up if they do not cooperate with you, and send your last bill in with CANCEL SERVICE written in red on it.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
One more reason to be glad that I have not subscribed

to any cable television service for over 12 years now.
Any other "hold-outs" here with internet service only?

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
We thought about cancelling cable, but keeping our internet and phone subscriptions. Turns out that Comcast prices things in such a way that it's actually cheaper to keep all three instead of just two...

Aug 14, 2012
I ended up, on my third phone call just saying "I am cancelling the TV service now, today. Any bills for service from today on will not be paid." then I hung up and wrote down the date and the guy's name. If they give me too hard a time I will cancel their internet too and get an iphone instead.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I absolutely hate Time Warner Cable. I especially hate the endless marketing calls. They called me once and I told them they had reached a crime scene. It is not original for all those of you familiar with the Tom Mabe series of calls. It works like a treat getting rid telephone marketing people. Try youtube for a full demonstration of Tom Mabes skills at dealing with these idiots!
Happy Easter to all of you guys!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Since we don't get a choice of cable providers, my only choice is Charter, one of the most hated companies out there. Each cable operator seems to have a monopoly over an area of coverage. Granted, there's AT&T, but they're pretty horrible as well. Rather than go with gougers like Charter, I've not bought cable service for the past 12 years. While DSL isn't terrific, it meets my needs and I use internet providers.
Also, as a member of ATAS, I get private access to full seasons of the best stuff each year. So why bother with these creeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.