PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

willisk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2018
Anyone take for granted to true relaxing / meditative power of a good pipe with good tobacco?

We had a family emergency over the last few days and it was a non stop roller coaster so I did not really get to sit and enjoy

My pipe. I actually got tongue bite cause I was rushing it due to not really having the proper amount of time to smoke slowly.
Well things finally settled Down today and I sat down with some dark flake and plenty time and it was amazing how it transports you to a happy

Place and soothes and releases tension!!

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Whatever works. You can accomplish the same with a good book, music, building a model plane, weeding the garden, all sorts of diversions. If you think you're happy, you are happy. Nothing particularly magic about the pipe, the magic is the brain. Of course, a wee boost of nicotine can be helpful also. But, that's the brain again.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Agree w/ both of you. Just the sheer release of tension & return to default relaxed is wonderful. A good bowl/read/whatever, though, is the icing on the icing. :) Glad things have recuperated for you!

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
I know exactly what you're talking about. Slowing down and savoring a pipe if you can swing it, is a wonderful thing.

pipejoke31.jpg

ignaciojn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2016
Warren, you are a very wise man. I truly enjoy reading your contributions to this forum. People like you, Cosmic and Duane make this a better place.
I know it's out of the blue, but I've been meaning to say it for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.