PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
A generous gentleman sent me (I forgot which friend--would you come forward and identify yourself?) a sample of Trout Stream and I found it excellent, so much so I ordered 7 ounces of it. Now, I'm not looking to set up a popularity contest, but I've rarely seen this particular tobacco mentioned here. Anyone familiar with this tobacco and care to share their thoughts about it?

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Sparrow, I'm intrigued by this tobacco. I've heard about it recently, but I'm ignorant as to who even makes it, or what category it falls under! Granted, I haven't tried to look it up anywhere. But it sounds like a lot of guys enjoy it.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
I just got my first 4 ounces on Monday. I've smoked a bowl a day since. For an aromatic, I find it extremely easy to pace and not get bitten. The tin and room note are phenomenal. And I quite enjoy the taste. It's perfect in a cob. One of my new favorite tobaccos and one that I will always keep on hand.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Originally you could only get it at Pipes&Cigars. An out of state friend sent it to me and I was hooked, I just couldn't order it. Now 4noggins carries Trout Stream and it is always part of my order.
I hadn't smoked it in a cob, but that's a great idea!

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
I enjoy it and always make sure I keep a jar or two in the cellar. For me its a good smoke thats easy to do work around farm with. Also carry it fishing from time to time. I agree it is best for me in a cobb (but arent most things!)

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Trout stream is my staple Aro' I am not a fan of sweet tobbaco but this one is different, clean taste kind of like a Creme De mint after a large meal. Sent Spud some and he fell in love with it.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Trout Steam is my favorite aromatic currently. I think its a great blend, and I love that 4noggins has it now. Before I would have to have Pipes and Cigars deliver it to my brothers house in Oregon as P&C won't ship to Washington. I'm equally as excited that SmokingPipes now sells SPC Mississippi River and Plum Pudding, because they too will ship to Washington.

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I'm an aerohead and lately I've been on a burly kick. So, I may be in the minority but I feel TS is much more flavorful, and great smelling, blend than Butternut Burley. A few orders ago I ordered both and have been going back and forth between TS, BCA, BB and Sugar Barrel. Right now I'd put TS at the top of my list. I'm going to settle on a everyday goto blend within the next 2 months so I have been ordering 2oz baccy like crazy lately.

badgercat

Might Stick Around
Jul 18, 2011
Trout Stream is good stuff. Im out right now but will reorder some soon. Some folks say that Trout Stream taste much like Lane's 1Q but is a little more suttle and less goopier. I like them both myself.

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
Like The Old Cajun, Trout Stream is my go-to aro. To me, it is much different than 1Q. Where 1Q has a sugar cookie tin note, TS is pure, rich butterscotch. I currently have 5 lbs in the cellar, and if i didn't discover Plumcake and Anni Kake recently, I would have had 5 more.

My 9 year old daughter is my pipe smoking buddy, and always asks when we're going on the front porch for some daddy-daughter time. Trout Stream is her favorite as well, but she always calls it "fishy stream".

It is not as goopy as some aros, and I've found if you roll it in your palm like a pressed flake, it burns nicer. On occasion I can get a flinty chemical taste out of it, but for the most part, its an awesome smoke.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Gentlemen, thank you for your input. I was unaware TS was considered an aromantic, can you believe it? I'm glad another vendor is now carrying TS, because I think this is going to be one of my standard "go to" tobaccos next to CH.

inteus

Might Stick Around
Sep 8, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
I smoked a bowl of Trout Stream in my MM Pride corn cob about three hours ago. I still have the wonderful aftertaste. Absolutely amazing!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Just wanted to report in that it was Leg57 who sent me some samples of Trout Stream, and got me hooked on this wonderful blend! Thank, Leg!

buzzbegone

Lurker
Sep 28, 2013
Thank goodness for this post! I've heard many good opinions about Trout Stream, but I've yet to smoke it. I tried to order it from PC, and saw it on backorder. Because of this post I now know it's available through 4noggins and I'm going to order a pound of the stuff! I'm sure it will taste beautiful in my meerschaums.

timely

Jan 23, 2012
Trout Stream is a nice smoke,smooth and creamy,leaves a good aftertaste.

I opened a mason jar that I had it stored in for about 2 years, and it smokes and tastes like I had just bought it. When opened, the smell of liqueur was prominent.

So I can say that this does store well, at least for the time I had it stored.

leg59

Lurker
Jul 6, 2013
Greenville, SC
You're most welcome, Sparrowhawk. It was from these forums that I first read about Trout Stream. It is an excellent Aro and has become my "go to" blend. I purchased mine from P&C.

Status
Not open for further replies.