PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
IMAG0247.jpg

Tomorrow is the trout opener here in Michigan. The solitude, man versus fish, the water lapping around my waders, the sounds of songbirds as mother nature awakens, riverbends, log jams and rocks that I can find in my sleep, plunking a worm just where I aimed it and 99% of the time where I didnt. I will be there, as I have for the past 40+ years, and I will light a bowl for those who I will share this river with no more, and more importantly, I will once again be humbled to able to be a lowly particiapant in the grand scheme of life.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Beautiful...are you ok if I copy this picture for reference? I'm an oil painter and may want to use this picture for reference one day.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
Fish on Bro and happy puffing. I cant wait till Mothers day when me and my dad will go trout fishing in the NC mountains. It just so happens my grand daughter was born on the 4 of April so for the next 15 years or better there will be a birthday party for me to attend to on the NC opening day.or at least till I get to teach her to flyfish.

And Beer what river you fishing?

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
IMAG0234.jpg
Barkar copy away.
PawPaw ( We have a town here in MI with that name) The river is here in the middle of the state. A lot of people really dont know how many trout that it really holds, very under utilized river ( but I like it that way) We get mostly browns, but every now and then we can entice a rainbow out of the quicker moving stuff. Lets not give it a name, but just rather call it Beewrangler's Bend :)

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
that spot is beautiful beewrangler2 ... I can see why you fish there.
With no interest in hijacking your thread but instead to add to the joy of fishing, I intend to hit the pier in Pacifica tomorrow:
NSUDn.jpg

It's a good spot for salmon when they're running, because of the anchovies that school there regularly. But striped bass are a common catch too, along with sardines, jacksmelt and dungeoness crab. I've seen sunfish there plenty of times too, always a weird sighting.
Hopefully will have pics to share later this weekend ... fish on!

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Good looking river. I love trout but mostly fish for bass in local lakes.
This is my son wading up a feeder creek last Sunday. We spend 7 hours on the water that day.

DSC05974.jpg

He held the landing net for me and had to tell every one about catching fish on the way out. Passing on the love of the out doors and fishing to the next generation. He did not want to go home even after 7 hours!

fulton

Lurker
Mar 6, 2011
Saginaw,Michigan
Beewrangler which area of the state are you fishing? I'm also an avid fly-fisherman from Mid-Michigan and I'm betting we've crossed streams before.
Cheers
- Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.