Trouble finding Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
Hi,

I’ve been looking for a 24oz box of LTF here for a few weeks, and it seems sold out everywhere. P&C even has it on sale but back ordered. Anyone a fan, and if so where is your source? I can find Navy Flake a plenty. But don’t love it.

Thanks!

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I'm showing in stock at P&C, but no box oprion:
https://www.pipesandcigars.com/p/special-sale-peter-stokkebye-luxury-twist-flake-only-175-oz/2004952/
jay-roger.jpg

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
I keep a lot of stuff on my wish list and saved for later list, especially stuff that's out of stock. This makes for an easy way to check on the comings and goings of my favorite blends (a backup plan to being on email lists). A while ago I noticed that the Luxury flakes started showing up out of stock. So I didn't waste any time buying them when all three were available at P&C a little while ago.
A while ago I noticed I could move Classic Sansum to my shopping cart, long after everything else was gone. I bought some right away, and it's a good thing I did cause it was gone in just a few minutes.
Then yesterday smokingpipes deleted all the out of stock McClelland blends from my wish list. I guess they were tired of my loitering. Or they truly and really are not going to have any of these blends for sale anymore.

jzbdano

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2016
P&C doesn't list the 24oz box anymore. A while back they had a note on the Luxury pages that said in order to get a 24 oz box just order 24oz of bulk. It works 9 tines out of 10 for me. It needs to be jarred regardless, unless you smoke it up right away.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
Thanks for the help! I’ve emailed customer service about it, but haven’t heard back yet. I’ll go the non-box route, and see if I get a box. I just really like all the flakes to be unsquished, so I prefer the box, and the price break is nice too. Anyhew, thanks again.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I use smokingpipes.com for all my tobacco purchases and they have been out of stock for some time now. I do have an email notification with them, but haven't received an email. I wonder if the blend is headed for the graveyard. I sure hope not because LTF is my favorite Virginia blend.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I ended up ordering it from P&C on backorder, but they said it’ll be back in stock and will ship then. So no joy yet, but soon! And for the sale price of under $50 I can wait a bit.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I like twist flake, but Cosmic has a recipe that I tried with the Navy Flake that's better than the twist by itself. It's been awhile since I've had it, Cosmic what the method?

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
I just placed a pretty big order with P&C to take advantage of the 15% bulk tobacco deal. They still have it in bulk, but not the box. I loaded up on LBF to cellar.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I loaded up with 10 pounds of LTF last Fall during the Stokkebye 25% off sale. Couldn't pass up $20/pound.

Status
Not open for further replies.