PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
Gents,
I am planning on taking a trip to LJ Peretti's for the first time sometime next week after the snow storms come to a halt. I was curious to hear what blends you guys like. English have been my main go-tos for a long time however I have recently branched out into Vapers and Burley blends which I am growing to love. Any suggestions on some baccy I should definitely check out? There website has a daunting amount of amazing sounding tobacco - I'm interested in hearing what you folks have to say.
Also a side note- I hear a lot of people complaining about the service there and can you ask to have a sample bowl there?

thanks in advance,

Matt

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Tashkent and London Flake are both good ones. I'm sure many others will chime in, they have a lot of good blends from what I can tell.

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
I went their in the beginning of December. I had a great visit. Got three pipes and some tobacco. My favorite is Smith's Own. It is a real lat bomb. Tashkent is another good blend less Latakia. The worst part about the visit was finding parking.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
+1 on Thanksgiving Day (only available in November). It is one of my favorite smokes, any time of year.
I was just at Peretti's a couple of months ago; posted about it here.
These are the blends I purchase frequently from Peretti's:
Omega

Cambridge Flake

Tashkent

Park Square

No. 8 Slice

Royal Blend

Oxford Flake

Blend No.333

Cuban Mixture

Blend No.500
Have a great visit!

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Peck, what is the one you are always raving about? I always mean to write it down and never do.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"...I hear a lot of people complaining about the service there..."
Perhaps some mistake Boston Yankee bluntness for discourtesy; however, I have never had a problem with their service, either in person or on the telephone.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Tashkent and Omega are english blends not to be missed!
I get there 4-5 times a year and always park in the underground parking offered beneath their complex.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Not to speak for Peck, but he did post a few times about Somerset Slices. I don't believe they sell these anymore, but according to Peck ... there is a way to obtain them:
I just phoned Peretti and ordered some Somerset slices. For those who want to try some, you need to use special code language before Peretti will acknowledge that they have this blend and then fill your order. Here is the script you need to learn.
Dial the LJ Peretti number at 1 617-482-0218.
When the phone is answered, you say: "Know any good white basketball players"?
The person at Peretti will then respond: "There are no good white basketball players".
You then reply: "I was hoping to get a trim this weekend, if possible".
Peretti will then reply: "The fat man walks at midnight".
You then say: "And there are [insert number of ounces you want] daffodils blooming in Bucharest".
And there you go - you've placed your order for Somerset Slices.

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
Thanks for the responses guys - can't wait to check it all out

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Royal and Tashkent are phenomenal. Pride of Loch Lomand is a great Scottish blend as well.

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
Here is my list that I plan on picking up this weekend (Just to start) Tashkent, London Flake, Royal, Omega, Blend 500, Cuban Mixture. Thank you all for the replys! I'll let you know how I make out

nurseman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 8, 2014
Tashkent or Royal are great - so is British ( if you like full english)
Don't spend on the London flake or the Oxford flake they are rebadged Mc Clelland offering ( 2015 , 2015)

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
If you like English on the lighter side, try D9575, a crossover English with a bit of Burley, and D7485, a light, very pleasant English.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I keep meaning to order from them, but then C&D's Chenet's Cake or Pease latest, or not so latest, offerings interpose themselves; people talk about these blends, and I forget. But seriously the time has come, maybe a sampler of a half-dozen, 2 ozs each.

Status
Not open for further replies.