PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobeasto123

Lurker
May 12, 2013
Hi everybody,
Late yesterday evenning after work, I came home and couldn't resist to have a bowl before going to bed. Put a Mix of 50/50 Lane 1Q and RLP-6, And I lit it with my standard Zippo. I have to say that it worked really good with no taste of gaz but I have to admit that I Let burned for a good 5 sec before to avoid gaz taste.
Has a lot of people seem to be scared of the standard insert I was a bit scared too but finally I worked like a charm even at the end bowl I had no problem to reach the tobacco without touching the Rim of the pipe.
I was sick to get a Pipe insert but I think it will wait as the standard insert is really great.
BTW Lane 1Q/RLP-6 mix is a great smoke for what know now. great room note and a great taste.
David
Edit: Corrected capitalization in title per Rule #9, L.

mobeasto123

Lurker
May 12, 2013
I wanted to send it back to them but form where I live it's kind of 18$ to send them just to get the insert. At that price I'm better just to buy a new one.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
I bought one with a pipe insert (the Sherlock Holmes zippo on P&C), and I love it.

jjmitchem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2012
My old zippo with the pipe insert is my go to pipe lighter. I prefer it over my Xikar pipe lighter.

Use the good fuel in the black can and no taste at all

jjmitchem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2012
My old zippo with the pipe insert is my go to pipe lighter. I prefer it over my Xikar pipe lighter.

Use the good fuel in the black can and no taste at all

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
How do you light yours? i usually have to turn my regular zippo upside down to get it to light my pipe.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Just do what I did, go to Ebay and get several pipe inserts for a few bucks.

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
I use a standard zippo quite a bit with some pipes. I just tilt the bowl over a little to meet the flame. Works great. I wouldn't with an expensive pipe.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
I love my zippo pipe lighter. I am not one that can taste the fuel; however, I burn it for a few seconds before lighting. I do not go many places without my pipe and Zippo.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
I received a zippo pipe lighter for my birthday yesterday and find it kind of odd when lighting a pipe... seems like you have to puff on it kinda hard to get the flame pulled down into the bowl. Also makes me want to rest the lighter on the rim but thats probably not smart. Any tips?

soggycitybob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Though there are plenty of nay-sayers about Zippos and pipes, I finally was convinced that they work just fine. I ordered a nice pipe design Zippo from Ebay, came in today, and went to three different places to get Zippo fluid. Struck out 3 times. Rite Aid didn't even cary regular lighter fluid. I had no idea there was such a shortage. I'll have to keep a pipeline open with Zippo (pun intended) to send by mail so I have plenty in stock. Meanwhile, my new Zippo sits dry and unused...sad face...

billbearcat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 3, 2011
I only us a zippo with the "pipe insert". Once in a while I will taste the fluid, but not too often. With having to smoke outside most of the time it is good in the wind.

paintedklown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2013
I use a regular Zippo with the fluid that comes in the black bottle. No issues with tasting the fluid as long as I wait a few seconds before putting flame to pipe. It works well for me.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I use the standard insert & have 3 with the pipe inserts & all work great. I bought 2 of the propane inserts for zippos online & threw them in the trash. Wouldn't fill right.

Status
Not open for further replies.