PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffinmaker

Can't Leave
Jan 20, 2016
I received the $1.00, three pack sampler, John Bull, C'est LaVie, and Erin Go Bragh. The John Bull and EGB is a good smoke, the other maybe with a different pipe. Along with that free shipping I ordered Balkan Supreme, Mac Baren 7 Seas Gold, Sutliff Virginia Slices and Sutliff Medium English -- all free postage! I haven't sampled the last four as of yet. Thanks to "kanse" for the tip and thanks to P&C for the great deal.

coffinmaker

Can't Leave
Jan 20, 2016
Of all the different tobaccos I have tried, I still go back to Mac Baren Virginia #1, thanks to "Cosmic" for the sample he sent a while back. Latika blends is second.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That was a cool deal, obviously a loss leader, something sold at a loss to bring in business. I didn't move fast enough, but the blends, despite being aromatic, looked good to me.

coffinmaker

Can't Leave
Jan 20, 2016
I agree, someone on here said they liked John Bull. I would certainly buy more of this. C'est LaVie is an odd one to me, I think a larger bowl and smoking it super slow may make difference. My tongue got a little scorched.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
You smoke McB Virginia #1 and you have tongue issues with C'est LaVie, wow it must be a super biter because Virginia #1 kills me :worship:

coffinmaker

Can't Leave
Jan 20, 2016
Virginia #1 have never caused a burn problem. When my tongue stops feeling like a scrub brush I'll try that CLV again. I'm not against throwing that pack in the burn barrel.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I remember buying those 3 for $10 (buy two get one for free deal) last year + shipping + international shipping. I managed to smoke C'est La Vie only, the other 2 are still waiting to be smoked. And it was the tasteless however the coolest smoking tobacco I've ever tried. I mixed it with a tin of Erinmore Mixture and left them in a jar to marry for few months. I smoked a bowl of it during their honeymoon, however they needed more time to get to know each other. They should be fine by now I guess.
C'est LaVie is an odd one to me, I think a larger bowl and smoking it super slow may make difference. My tongue got a little scorched.
Sounds very interesting, I puffed so hard but C'est La Vie didn't even scratch my tongue. No tongue bites.

Status
Not open for further replies.