PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pflan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2013
Well a little while back, Bob (rmbittner) gifted me a tin of Dunhill Royal Yacht, as I believe he was not too fond of it.
oifEYTNl.jpg

Well, I finally got around to smoking a bowl of it. I made sure I had some food in my stomach, as I've read of the somewhat high nicotine content, and lit it up.
I was pretty pleasantly surprised to find that it provided a very moderate, yet noticeable nic hit. I've mostly smoked aros and some English blends with low levels of Vitamin-N, and Royal Yacht ended up being a nice change of pace for me.
I had read some horror stories of the high Nicotine content of this blend, but I found it to be refreshing and not overpowering. Overall, a very good blend I would say.
What are some other blends with similar Nicotine levels? I don't think I would want anything with a higher level, but something similar with some different tastes than RY.
Thanks again to you, Bob, for your willingness to share a disliked blend! :D

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Glad you're enjoying it! That one bowl I had from the tin was enough for me. :) But, then, I'm just not a fan of the "nic hit" at all.
Bob

pflan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2013
Yeah, I wasn't too sure if I would be either, but I rather enjoyed it!
:puffpipe:

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Cosmic: I guess that's why it also took me just part of a single bowl of Dark Flake to realize it was too much for me! ;) The same applied to McConnell's Latakia Flake; three puffs and I was knocking out the remainder.
Bob

I tried to finish a bowl of Pure Caribe and ended up running to the bathroom. Too much nicotine is like a giant laxative sometimes. I was at the B&M and was also worried about whether I was going to be able to drive home. Quite embarrassing, lol. While Dark Flake and RY in a small bowl can be a great way to end the day just before bed, Pure Caribe is just nasty stuff, IMO.

I'm sort of glad that I've become a nicotine light weight. It lets me know that switching from cigarettes to the pipe has worked.

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
From the things I've heard, I might enjoy this one. A decent Nic hit would be a bonus. It has been on my to try list for a bit now.

pflan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2013
Thanks for the suggestion, cosmic!
Go for it, boz! It's a nice blend in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.