PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Tried some MacBaren Vanilla Creme, cube cut the flake let it dry. The flavour at the beginning was good, but couldn't for the life of me keep the damn thing lit. Put it this way, I emptied a full butane pipe lighter trying to keep it lit. The pipe I used is my most broken in and forgiving pipe so I dont think the pipe was the issue. About half way through it the flavour just seemed to go away and I let it go out with one third left. Any advice would be appreciated.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Bowl size may have had something to do with keeping it lit as well.

I prefer to go small when choosing a bowl for flakes.

That's just my preference.

Rubbed out worked well for me when I have smoked Mac Baren Vanilla Cream Flake in the past.

Relights are the norm for me and flakes, but using-up a whole butane lighter is an indicator that something is amiss.

thuber88

Might Stick Around
Feb 3, 2013
That really seems extreme, if you need to upgrade to a crack torch, its time to move on for the day.
Is the flake very moist?

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I let it dry for an hour before I smoked it, the flake was falling apart when I cut it, I think it was pretty dry

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I wouldn't recommend fold-n-stuff for an already moist flake. Rub that sucker out. Then let it dry rubbed out. Experiment with longer drying times until you obtain satisfactory combustion.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I believe in giving cubes extra dry time. I have found that the cubes may feel dry but are not dry on the inside The slight dampness on the inside of the cube makes them bear to light. Give them extra time and you shouldn't have a problem.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
Harris wrote:

You may also want to try packing the pipe tighter, cube cutting allows for a much firmer pack. If it is too loose it will never burn good.

+1 It is difficult to pack your pipe too tight with dried cubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.