PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
i posted this in the wrong room last night as I was a bit over medicated so I decided t post it in the proper room with photos I just received from Trevor. It is a Ligne Bretagne Collector model and I am very excited to finally acquire one of his pipes. it is a large group 3 to small group 4 in size and should be perfect for my flakes. The stem is made of some kind of horn which will be my first of that type of stem.

Dec 24, 2012
Harris, when you discover that you hate that stem because of your picky little bicuspids, I will buy the pipe off you.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I love pokers, and I also love Trevor's Ligne Bretagne line as I have an Oom Paul, which is rather small for that shape, it is a wonderful smoker as I'm sure that beauty will be for you Harris, well done!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks for the nice comments guys. I am excited to smoke a poker for the first time, if it smokes as well as my Cherrywood, I will be a very happy camper as my Cherrywoood smokes like a champ. For years I thought the Poker shape was for old men, but since I am now an old man, I guess it fits me now.
Peck, since the pipe only weighs 34 grams, I am sure the stem will not be an issue, but if it is, I will trade you the pipe for your Bang and won't charge you any money, we can do an even swap. lol

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
That is a beatuy. I have never smoked a horn stem before. I would love to know how that feels compared to you other artisans. Please give us a full report when you get out of the hospital. Good luck buddy. Even over medicated you sure can pick out a gorgeous pipe!

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations Harris on your new pipe. I hope it smokes well for you so that it will take your mind off the pain you are in.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Love that pipe! The first pipe I bought back in the early 80's was a poker. A no name pipe made in Italy, but at least it had no fills. I still have it and I still love the poker shape. Hope you enjoy it for years to come.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Very Nice Poker Harris. She is a beaut!! Hope you enjoy. Hope you get rid of that Pesky stone soon and get back to feeling better. Take care of yourself and that Poker. :puffpipe:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like it. Great blast finish. I like the compact aspect of it. My pokers are a Parker and LaRocca, not exactly

in this league, but I love the shape. And, the Parker is a blast.

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
I've recently had a few pokers grab my eye. I remember when I first started out, I saw one and thought "what the heck is that?" Much like my reaction to seeing my first bulldog. I now own 4 bulldogs. And 1 cherrywood.
What a beautiful pipe! That is some great lookin rustication, looks like it cascades along the bowl very smoothly. I hope she smokes as good as she looks!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
That is a beautiful example of what it means when everything comes together. The shape and blast complement each other beautifully. Ligne Bretagnes are excellent pipes and a true bargain for the buck. Mine are terrific smokes.

Congratulations on your acquisition!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks for the nice comments everyone, it is really appreciated.
saddle, how many Bretagnes do you own and do they all smoke similar? I am assuming they smoke cool and dry and never need a pipe cleaner to soak up excess moisture like all of my other artisan pipes. That is one of the features of artisan pipes I like so much as my biggest pet peeve is a pipe that needs a pipe cleaner to soak up moisture.
chris, I will definitely report back on how the stem feels in comparison to my vulcanite stems, I am also very curious as to how it feels.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I had posted on the other thread you started but want you to know that pipe is just so classy looking and horn stem too. I hope you get along with the stem as it is a beautiful thing. I just Love it.

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
Fantastic blast on that pipe Cigr. If it smokes half as good as it looks it'll be a great pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.