Happy Hunting Grounds
imag1262.jpg

and I failed to impress.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
yeah, yeah, yeah. Einstein I ain't.
The wife was out in the yard with him as I was coming home from work. I thought I would go through the ditch, which i have done before. Only this time I didn't.
I have had a whole string of 4WD vehicles. I have gotten into more trouble than I should in this one for thinking it is 4WD.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Its amazing what a 2WD wont do.

My truck stopped shifting into 4WD last year, I still havent found the issue.

With 4 wheels turning, my little GMC will climb a mountain you couldnt walk up.

With 2WD, it spins tires on wet grass.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
I had a 1997 Nissan 4WD. Standard wheelbase, little more than stock lift, 4 banger, 5 speed.
It was unstoppable. Maybe dangerously so. It was getting to the point, after it went through so much mud so many time, that I was going to put it some place I was going to have to leave it until the developers decided to build houses out there.
it was one of these things, only solid black...
502374119_1_B.jpg

if you can ever find one for a reasonable price, buy it. Like a cockroach, it will survive the Armageddon and even mutate a new set of wheels or something.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Nice. My truck is black, we've got the same taste there. I've had mine everywhere from the Rocky mountains, the Ozarks, the Ouchitas and the Poconos to river bottoms in 5 states to desert slickrock and about everything in between. Finally screwed it up with 4 days camping and playing on the beach, dont know what happened. Came off the beach and it wouldnt shift out of 4WD. After screwing with it, banging on it and unplugging things it finally shifted into 2 but now it wont shift back.

nmbigfoot02

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2011
portascat, that's basically my truck, except mine's a 2wd. There's certainly been times I've wanted 4wd.

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
i haven't even had my jeep in 4WD but once. i think this is a sign of lameness on my part.
@portsacat - i've known a few guys with those old nissans and have heard the same thing about their survival rate.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
The truck in the ditch is my current truck, obviously. A 2002 Nissan. 6 cylinder / 5 speed. Everything on it is primitive. Roll up windows, etc.
Right now has about 140K miles or so. Replaced a timing belt about 3-4 months ago, and that is the extent of mechanical repairs. Pulls around 20 MPG, and will do at least 70 MPH. What more do I need? I have stuck it a few times, fortunately not badly, but that is my foolishness.

Status
Not open for further replies.