PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

natibo

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 10, 2013
Cincinnati, OH USA
OK. Every time I travel to China I usually bring my tobacco in tins. This time, I would like to just bring it in baggies. Anyone ever done this. I just don't need a Chinese customs agent thinking it's something else. If some else has done it, I'd feel better.

nurseman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 8, 2014
I would not do it , I had a uncomfortable experience on domestic flight with some oolong from Tevana . Don't expect TSA to know much about Tea or Bacci.

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
I would just duct tape small bricks of it along your waist and under your armpits. KIDDING!!!! Sorry, just couldn't resist. I would actually be asking the same question if I was headed to China. Wish I had some serious advice.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
China, I understand, is one of the most tobacco addicted nations in the world. Mao and his cadre had

tobacco supplies brought to them on The Long March, and tobacco is one of the societies major luxuries.

So I would think that a custom agent could take one good sniff and know that what you have is legal, although

that might not keep him or her from confiscating it. Depends how well they like the smell of the blend.

natibo

Nov 10, 2013
Cincinnati, OH USA
I'll leave them in the tins. Good excuse to pack and then open two I have around but have not tried yet. GLP Barbary Coast and H&H Classic Burley Kake.

natibo

Nov 10, 2013
Cincinnati, OH USA
I'll be there one week. This is an annual trip for me. Busy busy work trip. But, they have smoking hotels! Something that is harder to find in the US and EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.