PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebadkitty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 29, 2012
Albany, Oregon
I was really looking forward to smoking and experiencing this today, but it's looking like its going to be way too cloudy where I am in Oregon (big shocker there haha).

Anyone else having any better luck?

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
NO Luck in SW Florida either. Cloudy and spitting rain all day. Hope someone gets some really good pictures of the transit for those of us "less fortunate" to see..................

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
No man it's total cloud cover here. I was stoked to see it too...oh well.

acme

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2011
We are going to be clear in Kansas City.

Unfortunately, I have no telescope.

anthony

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
I see a fellow Michigander says its cloudy, but here on the farm it's all blue sky and a couple clouds.

acme

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2011
There was a guy with a ten-inch reflector and a whilte-light filter set up at the library. I looked at about 5:30 CST, 6:00, and then again at about 7:50. Pretty hot stuff. Got to see some sunspots. I never knew that they had a border around them.

anthony

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Chicago had great skies, and I was able to see it directly through a solar filter without any magnification.

A wonderful sight! It was interesting to contemplate that a small dot on the face of the sun was about the size

of the entire Earth. It gave me a new appreciation for how gigantic the sun is.

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
I have a Mead LX-200 telescope pictured below. However, no telescope was required for this event. I simply took my 8-inch Solar Telescope filter and held it in front of my face for a fantastic view of this transit. In addition, I viewed the NASA "real-time" live video feed from their webcast in Hawaii atop a 14,000 MSL telescope on the Island of Mauna Kea, Hawaii Live Webcast: at this location: http://sunearthday.nasa.gov/webcasts/nasatv/

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

click on picture to enlarge:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Status
Not open for further replies.