PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Perhaps a silly question, but how do you fill your pouch from the bulk container? Do you fill it by pinching small amounts--which is messy and results in flakes all over the table--or is there a makeshift tool you use?

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Canning wide mouth funnel and tongs, Tongs go into jar transferring to the funnel. I use this method unloading Bulk into jars, should work transferring into pouch.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Transfers are done aseptically in an USP 797 Iso 5 environment. Make sure the single use sterile tongs get first air from the HEPA filter. :)

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Gee, I'll have to re-read my copy of "The Hot Zone" (about a near outbreak of a filovirus like Ebola) so I can get the right space suit clothing to make sure Marburg or Ebola doesn't get into my tobacco. (Well, I knew it was a silly question when I asked. And hey, you all forgot to mention sterilizing the baccy in an autoclave before smoking.)

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
The canning funnel is also what I use. That way you don't lose any in the transfer. Rubber gloves seems a bit extreme however.

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
I either tip directly from a tin or if it's from a mason jar I fold an A4 piece of paper in half and tip some tobacco from the jar onto the paper then twist the paper to form a wide funnel before tipping into the pouch. I find the paper very handy as its easily disposable and a very cheap method.

frank13

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2014
Bakersfield, CA
I reach into the jar, pinch up about what I think I'll need for two or three bowls, and drop it in the pouch. I fold up the pouch and stick in my back pocket, and then close the jar.
Not very imaginative, I know. I'm saving up for the kind of setup that Sparks has. :worship:

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Depending on the size of the container, I'll either use my fingers to transfer tobacco from jar to pouch, or else I'll just pour directly from the jar into the pouch, if the jar mouth is small enough.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Grab it & stuff it, clean up the mess after your done. The more times you clean up the more accurate you get & pay more attention to what you are doing. At least that's what I do because I hate cleaning up.

Status
Not open for further replies.