PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I am sure you have all heard about this but my community was struck by a tragedy on March 22nd. The help from our community has been outstanding and outside resources has been awesome. It has been a hard 2 weeks as many have lost family members and friends. Some have lost more than just their homes. Please keep these families in your thoughts and prayers.

Here is some footage of the event.

Oso Mudslide

The List, that we all dread.

Video of Rescue
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers for our community

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My thoughts go with your community and the families and friends who have lost someone or been

injured or made homeless by this catastrophic event. Also to the many brave people and search dogs

who ventured onto that unstable terrain to look for survivors and remains. I hope this results in better

methods of evaluating areas to determine which are not safe for residences.

mrfus

Might Stick Around
Jun 6, 2013
The last couple of weeks I have noticed a lot of natural disasters are happening everywhere, on tuesday an 8.2 magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of northern Chile, Friday evening a volcano in Ecuador spewed some ash and have a small eruption with some ash and pyroclastic flows that lasted 5 minutes.
I'm really glad that we have not experience anything here at Florida (I feel uneasy because the upcoming hurricane season), and my thoughts go to every one who has not being so fortunate and are living on this regions hit by mother nature.
I have to be sure that batteries are charged for my portable transceiver and my Go Bag be ready!

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
This has started a lot of conversation about roadway safety in Washington state. It was nearly a year since the bridge collapsed into the river as well on I-5. It really stinks that we need to have a tragedy to bring attention to unsafe roads when their were plenty of warning signs before.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Apparently the authorities new all too well of the danger. Ten years ago a plan to relocate the community was shelved for undetermined reasons.
Good thing heros still exist to move in and rescue the survivors, but 30 confirmed dead and many missing is something that will scar many famillies for generations to come.
Enter faith!

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
Brings back memories. We lost our mountainside home outside of Montesano to a mudslide when we lived up there many years ago. Fortunately for us, no one was hurt.
My heart and prayers go out to those in Oso.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
BigBoi, I hadn't realized that you lived in that area. This is a long term tragedy. My family and I send our prayers and monetary support for your community. God Bless.

Rob

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Thanks all. I am a teacher in a community college. I have several students who were affected extensively. The support from all over has been tremendous. It has been terrible, one of my friends from fish and wildlife was surveying what was happening with the river and he stumbled across a grotesque scene. It is incredibly tough for the families involved, but people are resilient and pushing through.

Status
Not open for further replies.