PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I give up, been sitting in this for an hour and a half...why did I move to the country ? See title.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Living in Austin makes traffic a daily part of life. With only two highways running north and south and me technically living in Round Rock/Pflugerville area, my commutes on weekdays are never smooth. If it's raining, forget about it.
My office is exactly 13 miles from the house. It generally takes 45 min to hour each way.

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
This is what I hear in my head when I hear the word "traffic":

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecgtb2UA4Lo

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Ouch.You have my sympathy. One thing I don't miss living in Vermont is no traffic. Every time we visit NYC or Long Island we come back a little more grateful.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
My normal drive is an hour and ten minutes, with afternoon traffic it's an hour and a half...unless every wreck and stalled car is on my route.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Knoxville has been getting worse and worse traffic wise. Normally an 11 minute drive sometimes takes 45 minutes.

ovidsmuse

Lurker
Sep 12, 2012
Spoiled living in the Bay Area, my traffic is getting on and off the train. The rest of it is computer games, rading and music. I love my commute! I like to thank it's karma for working in LA though. Did a year in Dallas/Ft Worth also, that was horrendous traffic as well!

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
It takes me 25 minutes to get to work and about 30 to get home, I live about 20 miles away from my job. I live right by the freeway I use!

The only time I had to travel to work is when I worked at the prison, that took me about 1hr 10 min.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
New York City traffic sucks. Takes me anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and 15 minutes to make a 20 drive home. I envy all you guys in the country (and off the freeway) I don't understand why anybody would choose to live in the city over the country. It does give me a good reason for a relaxing smoke when I get home.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I live 35 miles from work. 45 minutes is my best time. My worst is six hours during a blizzard. After two hours in first gear, I stopped to eat / shop / wait etc. Then continued my commute home, still in first gear. But my job is moving next summer. My commute will decrease from 70 miles a day to 25. Yippee!!!!
Winton

Status
Not open for further replies.