PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuchulain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2014
Massachusetts
My grandfather had an old Kaywoodie pipe sitting on a table in his den. I'd never seen him smoke it. If it weren't for the old Kentucky Club tins that he stored rubber bands, paper clips, and tacks in I would never have known he'd been a pipe smoker. To me it was always an object of beauty. A panelled apple, with beautiful birdseye on both sides.
Shamefully enough when I was fifteen, I stole it. I smoked it a few times, filling it (poorly, I might add) with an unrolled Phillies Blunt, the guts of a few Black and Milds, and on one memorably terrible occasion a menthol Camel cigarette.
The pipe sat for a few years on the bookshelf in my bedroom, until a friend and I went out. We visited a coffee shop in Warwick NY, and I left it on one of the steel tables out front, next to some other gentleman's pipe. And then sad to say, I forget it there.
Its loss has haunted me since. Bad enough that I stole it, but to lose such a part of my heritage? Shameful. Since then I've tried to find another, or by some miracle perhaps to find it.
From what I remember, and from what I've gleaned from the web, it was a Kaywoodie Drinkless 22c, with a straight stem. If anyone has one in their collection and is willing to part with it, please let me know. And if one of you had a stroke of luck one night, and found that your pipe suddenly reproduces, I hope that it has given you a good six years of service :wink:

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
You might talk to the folks at smokingpipes.com. They get in a lot of estate pipes, ask them to notify you if they get a 22c.

Status
Not open for further replies.