PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Sitting at my desk today, I had an opportunity to buy a pipe. I used my better judgement (I think) :lol:and bought $90 worth of tobacco instead. I know only you guys would understand how hard a decision it was. :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's always a balancing act, but I never consider buying tobacco instead of a pipe a sacrifice. The tobacco

is the essence, the pipe is the way there.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Jason, you are a an inspiration for us all. I fear I wouldn't have the courage and fortitude to make such a decision and would have most likely bought 150.00 in tobacco.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Agreed, $90 is well spent on tobacco in my opinion. (I hope you got free shipping) The pipe will always take a backseat to the pipeweed. I've got about 12 pipes now, and if I never bought another pipe, I would be fine for the rest of my life. Fortunatly, I'm not afflicted with PAD, it's the TAD that will do me in.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Het Jason, what a man! I predict that you will thoroughly enjoy those tobaccos. And you will be rewarded for your fortitude by the opportunity to buy another pipe. :roll:

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Jason:
With 55 odd burners racked around the house, and stashed in vehicles, I'd have done the same thing. Most of my estate burners will more than likely decrease in value as tobacco prices continue to rise.
You did the right thing, bub. Smart call.
Fnord

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Haha! You guys are funny. Sorry, sable I need both kidneys, I think. :wink:

I had to stay in budget, so $90 was it for now. I plan to buy a pipe or two later this year, so I have not completely lost my mind.
Incoming tobacco is as follows....
4 oz. Scotty's Butternut Burley(just padding my stash)

1 tin Nording Labrador

1 tin GLP Gaslight

1 tin GLP Charring Cross

2 tins Escudo Navy Deluxe

1 tin C&D Star of the East

1 tin Orlik Golden Sliced
Can't wait!

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
build up that cellar mate, that's my opinion get as much good stuff stashed away as you can now

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
Great restraint! You should reward yourself by using the savings to treat yourself to a couple of tins of... wait.. never mind.

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Yes, that was great self-restraint. I would have caved in and bought both, and then try to explain to my wife why it had been determined (by others smarter than myself) that those tobaccos smoked only truly well in the very pipe that was bought along with them :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.