PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
You have a tin/jar that has enough tobacco to fill a .70 Bulldog 1/3 full. You do not have that same blend in your cellar. However you have other blends that is close, but not the same...So what do you do?
Do you dispose of the old batch and open a new tin?

Do you mix it with a similar blend so you get every gram of leaf?

Do you say the hell with it and pack your pipe, only one third, and smoke it?

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
Parfait it. Put 2/3 of a complementary blend underneath, and enjoy the changes.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Mixing is allowed. Attempting to improve upon a blend you don't like is hit and miss, but when you're mixing tobacco you enjoy, it usually works out. (I'm speaking of non aromatic mixes)

noquarter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 18, 2015
I'll smoke it in a group 1 pipe. I have several big pipes that are big enough to finish up a tin/jar.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'd mix it with enough other tobacco, either from the newly opened tin or from some other blend that seems complementary. Mix it in a little bowl or dish, to get it uniform, and pack it and smoke it. I did that with the last smidgen of Frog Morton Cellar from a big tin. It went in with a little mix of various blends. Another way to go is to fill out a bowl worth with cigar leaf or Turkish, or some other condiment, and mix it well and smoke it. No problem. I wouldn't waste it. Often the slapdash mixes smoke well.

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
Smoke it or give it away to someone. There's always someone who will want it.

Kindness comes back in spades.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
When I've given tobacco away, I've tended to clean house somewhat and send at least substantial samples, to make it worth the postage. Now and then some past enthusiasm has caught up with me, and I've been able to share some ounces or more. Forums folks have shared expansively with me blends they must have known they wouldn't smoke, and often these have become regulars in my rotation, or great blends for a change of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.