PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
My first time here and what a beautiful city it is. I envy all that live here.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Go check out Thomas Hinds, they have one in my city but the main one is in toronto. The prices will give you a shock if you're used to the US but they're cheaper than where I am due to provincial taxes. Great walk in humidor and quite a selection of bulk tobacco. Plus they have a smoking lounge. I can only imagine the toronto store must be huge compared to where I am.

http://thomashinds.ca/index.php

You could probably get some stuff though like Germains for about the same price that people are asking for it lately, or pick up a nice pipe.

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
My wife travels to Toronto a bit and often buys me a couple of tins from Tabac (502 Yonge st). It has been a few years since I was in Toronto and it was before I picked up a pipe so I have not checked out any of the stores yet. Enjoy.

kanaia

Feb 3, 2013
Thanks Andy, I'm going to Thomas Hinds in Winnipeg mostly to purchase some habanos.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Julius Vesz still runs his pipe store out of the bottom of the Royal York hotel. Scuttlebutt has him closing, or turning ownership over to family in the very near future. If you want to meet one of the icons of the handmade pipe movement in Canada before he retires, make that a stop before you leave The Big Smoke.
-- Pat

roderick

Might Stick Around
Oct 12, 2014
Ottawa, ON
I 'll second Pat.
I stopped in to Julius Vesz shop a couple weeks back and spent the better part of an hour chatting with Julius about politics, business, history, sex, tobacco and politics. He's quite the character, and the pipe I left with became one of my favorites after the first smoke.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Though just a website glitch, I am taken with the prices on these pipes at Thomas Hinds!
Lorenzetti Nero

Rusticated 1/4 Bent Apple

$0.00
Lorenzetti Julius Caesar

Bent Prince

$0.00
Lorenzetti Julius Caesar

Bent Billiard

$0.00
Lorenzetti Constantine

Bent Rhodesian

$0.00

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Good walking city, unlike many. I like the free ferry out to Toronto Island even in the off-season, and the trip up the CB tower is worth it, especially at off times when it isn't so crowded. Their art museum is not to be missed, not just great art, but displayed in a very intelligent and accessible way. Hope you have time to enjoy some of it, including the pipe shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.