PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
You just gotta love this time of year in North Texas! Weather got ugly. Had to take cover at work. Everything's fine though. Already home, and home is fine too. The ugly stuff has moved on for the most part, but further east of both Dallas and Fort Worth they're still getting hit. Quite a few tornadoes in this mess, it seems. But we haven't had anything as terrible as Missouri, Kansas, or Oklahoma recently.... or so I know so far. Going to have a little something to eat, and enjoy a bowl of Black Frigate in the Savinelli Autograph. Stay safe my Texas brothers and sisters.

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
Is this where the TV weatherman freaked out and started yelling at the audience?
No that happened over the long weekend...it hit the fan in parts of IN and OH. People were online crying that the TV weather warning interrupted the Bachelor or whatever was on at that moment. It was kinda funny how the weatherman took it, but couldn't blame him either...

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Is this where the TV weatherman freaked out and started yelling at the audience?
No. That was here in Dayton on Monday night. He yelled at Twitter people for complaining about the Bachelor not being on and then said he was done with them. We had 9 confirmed tornadoes in the area that night. My family made it through unscathed, but many didn't. That weatherman's (Jamie Simpson) coverage of the storms saved lives that night. The damage is pretty extensive and widespread. It's not been a very good week here in Dayton.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

They actually just updated the number of confirmed tornadoes on Monday evening in the Miami Valley area to 13. Three of them were EF-3 with the rest being EF-2, EF-1, and EF-0. I could hear one of the EF-3's in the valley as it moved through north Dayton and into Beavercreek.

Jan 8, 2013
Wow! I just looked it up and found the video on Youtube. You know what? Good for him! I'm glad he said something. Every time these weather situations happen, the meteorologist will say, "we're sorry we're interrupting your scheduled program..." or "we'll try to get back to your scheduled programming as soon as possible..." They shouldn't have to be apologizing. It just shows how careless and selfish people have become. They'd rather watch their stupid reality shows rather than know that people have been warned with enough time to seek shelter during a dangerous weather phenomenon. He told it like it is. Good for him.
That weatherman's (Jamie Simpson) coverage of the storms saved lives that night. The damage is pretty extensive and widespread. It's not been a very good week here in Dayton.
Seems to have been a rough tornado season so far. Good to know you were spared. A lot of people recently, in Ohio, Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, Oklahoma (I'm sure there are others) have not been so lucky. I think that was Kansas that had a whole town get leveled the other day? Tornadoes are no joke. People need to realize that.
Here's that video of Jamie Simpson. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vww1IeQ02is

Jan 8, 2013
So here's the creepy part of today's stories. Early this morning my boss and I were talking about the weather. And I said... and I kid you not... "What is it with towns named Canton and tornadoes?" And then... see my post about Canton above. Yeah they got hit.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Safe passage one and all. We have a heat wave in May on up in the nineties.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Is 100% trudat what mso said. I just had to drop $1k on getting our AC back running this a.m. I'd STILL much rather that than deal with tornadoes. When the siren goes off you might as well stay where you're at unless you have a shelter within 100 feet, because by then it's too late to do ANYthing about it!
Bill

Jan 8, 2013
Luckily it seems most of the tornadoes that came through here yesterday were EF0. The one that I took shelter from at work pretty much skipped us but hit Heritage Trace just up the road, as an EF1 with 99 mph winds damaging homes (mainly significant roof and siding damage, trees down, fences.... basically just made a big mess) but not destroying them.
The one that hit Canton was moving in as an EF2 (according to what the weather guy just said.....) but then lowered to an EF1 when it hit Canton. From what I've seen though, I would have guessed at least a low EF3 and perhaps a high EF2 as it went into Canton. But I'm no expert.
But here's some great drone footage of the Canton tornado as it was on it's way. At a point it dissipates, but then comes back to full beast mode. This is some spectacular footage! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRb2ch6nF_4

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
We had tornado warnings here in maryland, but just violent storms. I had two restaurants that had no power for five hours. Thankfully just came back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.