PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Bought some TOP BLACK CHERRY. Don't like it very much. Will smoke it because I paid for it but I DO NOT recommend it.. :(

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I didn't like it at first. But later smoked it real real slow in a cob on a cold night under the stars..the flavor was nice. So that being said, it has to be just right for me to like it. My problem is using it up once I've opened a tin; wish I had someone to split it with. I recommend saving it for the winter.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Funny thing--I usually avoid such blends, but on a whim for a bit of cherry flavoring, I tried a bit of Lane Very Very Cherry and got a dreadful case of nicotine overdose. Figured I may have been smoking it too quickly. So--fast forward a few weeks, and I tried another bowl--this time nice and slow. About half way through I had to give it up--the room was spinning, I had a pounding headache, and borderline nausea. I'll give the remainder away to anybody who wants it, through I imagine that shipping 2 ounces (minus two bowlfuls) of tobacco isn't the most cost-effective thing one can do. If anybody here lives near Cheshire, Connecticut, drive on by and you can have the stuff.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Sorry you didn't like it Barker...
To me TBC, isn't really what you think a cherry blend will taste like, I think it's the most natural tasting cherry blend I have tried...I've tried many cherry blends that taste too much like cherry that it turned me of on cherry blends, that is until TBC...
I usually layer it with some light english for a really enjoyable smoke, and smoke it lightly...

damnyak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2012
Northern, Ontario. Canada
Huh, Thanks for the heads up Barker, I just ordered some and its in the mail. Ha!
I choose this cherry blend because I find most other ones quite hot, and seeing as this is Cavendish it might be cooler

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I didn't like this one at all. I barely smoked any of it. The casing is pretty well dried out now, though. I tried it over a year ago and I never enjoyed it.
G&H Top Black Cherry, McClelland Tastemaster, and Dan Da Vinci are three well-regarded aromatics that I bought when I first got into online orders, and I never took a liking to either of them.
Aromatics just aren't my style, I've learned... Give me a natural tasting tobacco any day.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
C&D Dark Cherry Cavendish is a very pleasant smoke for me. All tho I haven't tried any other cherry blend to compare it to, I'm kinda set with it. Thanks for the heads up on the TBC tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.