PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
You think Dunhill is underrated? I thought everyone already sees it as the mother of all pipes

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
uperepik, I believe Sable is tickling you with his paint brush :puffy:
Cavicchi / Michael Parks / Winslow -- each is underrated for different reasons.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Sable is a chain yanker, uperepik. LOL!
I'll go with Viprati, L'Anatra & Pipa Croci as top 3 underrated pipes across the pond
I'll go with Bill Walther, Don Warren & Sablebrush as the top underrated pipe makers here in the USA. :wink:

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Mastro Beraldi for me. I have 8 of them and they smoke better than my Savinellis. The MB's are all distinct from one another and, in my book, a great deal for the money.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
French pipes in general are often beyond their price point in quality. I think the Italian Stanwells have earned back their mojo. Many others... I may post again.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
I love Savinelli, but I don't think this popular maker is underrated.

I'd have to say:

Nording, Morelli, and Radice (not held in as high regard as Cavicci or Castello, but evry bit as good IMO)

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Cavicchi, Il Duca, Don Carlos for High end Italian stuff.
Vintage Kaywoodie, Neerup, St. Claude pipes are all underrated.
uperepik, it is interesting that you chose Dunhill when answering Jesse, as Nordh's and Ivarsson's go for like 10x as much as Dunnies do. lol

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Among Peterson shapes, I think the B11 brandy (available in various series) is overlooked by most. A fine ample bowl, a sitter, relatively light weight. Although Peterson prices have settled in at nearly $100 on average, or more for high-end series, these are an excellent shape for the extra money.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
@Cortez - Agreed on Jirsa. I love my Jirsa pipe, and I never see anything about those pipes. It's one of my best smoking pipes.
I also really like the way my Vauen pipe smokes, and don't see them getting much attention here.

Status
Not open for further replies.