PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
So I was listening to some Elvis gospel and was quite relaxed with a Stanwell Bent Apple filled with Private Stock, that I nodded off for just a second, dropped my pipe and it fell on my lap and then it went to the floor. The pipe which was 2/3 smoked and properly tamped only let go a little ash as it hit the carpeted area in my living room. Whew! No damage to the pipe, no burns on the carpet and just a medium warmth when the bowl hit my leg.
Has anyone else done this? lol...I feel silly for this post, but I wanted to share an experience. :oops:

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Geoffry ... I've bounced a cob or five off the patio late at night!
That's when you know you're REALLY slow smoking! :mrgreen:

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
Darin I was so relaxed...but the funny thing was I didn't need a relight...just woke up enough to finish the bowl.

Cobs bounce nicely too!

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
At least you weren't so relaxed you mistakenly trusted a fart. :wink: :puffy:

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I was smoking one of my Kaywoodies just minutes ago...it's still got its stinger and it began to moisten up to the gurgle point, so I unscrewed it and wiped it out..screwed it back and kept on smoking....

Ya, you guessed it.

I hadn't tightened it enough and while I was at the keyboard the thing completely inverted and dumped hot ash and a coal or two right in my lap and I had to brush it off to the floor.

Glad I didn't clean the area like I'd meant to this a.m....now I've got even more motivation!

You do tend to get quickly UNrelaxed in events such as these. I've had cobs with loose stems invert a time or two, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.