PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffinmaker

Can't Leave
Jan 20, 2016
I sat going over and over the catalog and the the web tobaccos from P&C. Everything I picked out was listed as B/O. I refuse to order something else just to get an order placed. Now I'm not complaining against anyone, but if a product is in higher demand as a bulk tobacco, why not stock more of it? I'm not so sure I'm buying into the stories of shortages from the distributors. I guess a lot of folks like Coyote Classic also.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
This is a cut and paste from the PA Dept of Revenue site:
OTHER TOBACCO PRODUCTS TAX​
Effective October 1, 2016, tax is imposed on smokeless tobacco, roll-your-own tobacco, pipe tobacco, e-cigarettes, including the products and substances that go into the e-cigarettes, and any other tobacco products for chewing, ingesting or smoking, except cigars.
E-cigarettes/Vapor products
The tax rate on the sale of e-cigarettes and any liquid substances that go into them or any item that is sold for use in e-cigarettes is 40 percent of the purchase price from the wholesaler. For example: If the retailer purchased an e-cigarette for $10. The retailer would pay tax of $4. The tax on e-cigarettes is effective beginning October 1, 2016.
Roll-your-own, chewing tobacco, snuff and pipe tobacco
The tax is 55 cents ($0.55) per ounce, with a minimum tax per package of 66 cents ($0.66). For example, if the retailer purchases 100 ounces of tobacco in two-ounce packages the tax due would be $55. If the same quantity is purchased in one-ounce packages, the tax due would be $66. The tax on chewing tobacco, snuff and pipe tobacco is effecting beginning October 1, 2016.
Correct, the inventory on hand as of 10/01/2016 with the payment due by 12/2016. If I were a business I would have reduced inventory as much as possible, look what Mars did with their 25% off sale.
Give P&C a break here.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
if a product is in higher demand as a bulk tobacco, why not stock more of it?
Exactly, that's called business management
Give P&C a break here.
No!
P&C issues go beyond that, the reason I quit purchasing from P&C is their shitty shipping, got tired of busted up orders, oh sure they will replace damaged goods but I have to return and wait for replacement, I already had to wait on average of 9 day to get my order the first time, and customer service is like "go somewhere else if our not happy"
I stopped buying from them 3 months ago and refuse to go back

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Give P&C a break here.

No!
P&C issues go beyond that, the reason I quit purchasing from P&C is their shitty shipping, got tired of busted up orders, oh sure they will replace damaged goods but I have to return and wait for replacement, I already had to wait on average of 9 day to get my order the first time, and customer service is like "go somewhere else if our not happy"
I stopped buying from them 3 months ago and refuse to go back
My statement of "Give P&C a break here" is only referring to the stocking issues and the new PA taxes. If I owned the business I would have reduced inventory as much as possible.
Regarding the shipping issue, I agree that their shipping packaging is less than stellar.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
I'm still waiting on my backordered tins from my last purchase in July. I wonder if they've forgotten about me...

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Other online retailers seem to have lots of stuff in stock.
PA retailers?
I'm still waiting on my backordered tins from my last purchase in July. I wonder if they've forgotten about me...
I have received emails from P&C months later on BO items, they have never forgotten me.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
Since it is Oct. 1st I imagine they will start to reorder soon. Unless the tax bill is so large it forces them to close. I just ordered more of the RO series and it was all in stock.
And I may be wrong, but due to the new FDA regs bulk, as it was is dead. They are going to have to order in pre packaged amounts. If you want 16.oz and they only have 4 oz. bags left you may have to pay the 4 oz. price.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
As long as they show items out-of-stock, I know not to order those. As long as they update their inventory, I'm okay. I just don't order it. One time I ordered a pipe (not from PC) and was informed it had been bought, but I think that was a situation where I was a few seconds or minutes too late. That can happen.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
As long as they show items out-of-stock, I know not to order those.
This has been my approach as well. On SmokingPipes.com, I use their email notification feature to get an email alert when something is back in stock. This is not just practical, but fun, since the email usually comes at a bizarre time to the amusement of friends and family. "Holy sheepskins! Royal Yacht is back in stock!" he said, fleeing the wedding on a purloined motorcycle, smoke trailing behind him in the slipstream.

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
I've had my minor druthers with P&C as well concerning shipping times and quality of packaging, but they always more than made good and I will continue to support them in these trying times as a very big supplier (one of the largest and busiest?) of tobacco products. As to being out of stock, maybe it is because they do so much business with so many people. And they supply a wonderful magazine publication that comes out of their overhead. I hope every such dealer in these uncertain times is able to survive and continue on profitably as we have already had too many casualties in these FDA wars!

Status
Not open for further replies.