PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

murica

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2017
I enjoy smoking older blends. Yadda yadda yadda.
I have been chasing two blends for a while, and even with the willingness to pay a premium, others always snatch them or bid them well over what I am willing to pay.
Escudo- either of the two older iterations.

Three Nuns- the old wood panel tins.
I simply want to smoke these two fine tobaccos.
What do you miss or seem to always be one step short on?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Mephisto for a long while now, and since its recent demise, Angler's Dream.

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
GL Pease Bohemian Scandal, I only have enough left for one pipe...waiting for a special occasion. I would love to get more, but the one person I know with some is loathe to part with it.

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
Condor plug down to my last 5. I can get it from a couple places ie pipe divan, jr fox. But i just cant justify the expense and hoop jumping.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I have smoked most of the "cool" blends, many of them well aged. But I don't pine for any blend now.
There are just to many other great blends to smoke and I try to live a contented life.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
I'd like to try Stonehaven just to know whether it is worth the money and waiting and hoop-jumping to obtain. In all my years of pipe smoking I have never tried it. Another would be the Three Nuns Va-Per version....again just to satisfy my curiosity.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I once spent $300 on a late 70's tin of Sobranie 759 from PipeStud, but couldn't bring myself to open it and sold it. Too rich.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I should have laid down more Butera Kingfisher. I see it from time to time now but can't get past the price tag. The last tin I had was probably 2009, before I started seriously cellaring.
Cellaring, its a word.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
Cornell & Diehl's Straight up English. I shouldn't have passed on it when I had the chance.

murica

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2017
Kingfisher is another one that I miss dearly. Sucha wonderful blend. Wish I had more than five tins left.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
No kidding, I scored two tins of it on eBay a couple of years back and smoked it like there was no tomorrow.

aimlesswanderer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2016
No blend chasing here. I enjoy what's freely available and fairly priced, not get frustrated or anxious about what's elusive and expensive. I understand some people get a thrill from the chase, but for me, the shopping should be as relaxed as the smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.