PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
Since I don't smoke inside, my smoking habits are sometimes dictated by weather. I don't smoke much if it's in the 90s, for instance. Okay, maybe a little. I don't smoke when the wind kicks up much. And I don't smoke much when it's cold. True cold. If it's 25, I will fire up a big blend while walking the dog.
But we're in the midst of a cold snap here in west Montana.
The high today was 10, low of -6.

Tomorrow: high of 5, low of -9.

Saturday: high of 3, low of -13.

Sunday: high of 12, low of -2.
When it hits 30 on Wednesday, I'm going to be on my porch in shorts celebrating the heatwave.
Anyone else in the Rockies or plains having a tough go of it this week?

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
this week is extraordinarily cold throughout the western part of the country ... here in the SF area, temps are below freezing everywhere in these parts tonight ...

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Dang that is cold! The high yesterday and today barely made it above freezing, and its been dipping down into the low 20's and high teens. Thank goodness my man-cave is heated! It's frickin' cold out there.

latbomber

May 10, 2013
Back before I had a garage I would wear like 3 pairs of pants, boots, full parka etc to smoke in the winter!

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I just got done with my morning smoke. Nineteen degrees here in S.E Wisconsin. I love the cold, but my smokes are always cut short with temps like that. The cold can't stop me though! :) :puffpipe:

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
sounds very cold! Heading to denver today, the high is going to be 1 degree tonight... Great!

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
Its cold here too this week. I have a man cave but I enjoy smoking outside. So I bundle up as much as I can. But with temperatures you are describing there would be no way I could smoke outside. Do you have a garage that you could puff in?

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Same temps here in Colorado. I smoke in my car running errands. Tuesday I ran to Wally-World to grab some eggs for the wife. As I sat there in the parking lot smoking, everybody around me was rushing in and out getting last minute things before our snowstorm hit. I felt like I was in one of the special effects commercials or videos where everything around the subject is moving at a blur and the subject is going about their business. It was nice. Pipe smoking is so relaxing.
But back to the topic, you're right escioe, its to damn cold to smoke outside or even in the garage.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
It's been -26 F here this week. It was difficult to just crack the window for my morning commute. Fortunately, the girlfriend is gone for the evening, so I'll be enjoying many a smokes in the confort on my home tonight!

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Yeah, here in Aurora, CO it has been too cold to smoke outside so I'm waiting for next week when it gets to the mid-30s to possibly get a bowl in. I can't smoke inside and I have no garage. Just the back patio.

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
My home has a fresh air intake. For a few days it felt cold and drafty. Then I remembered the intake. I shut it down and everything is well again. The intakes are great during "normal temps" but when it gets this cold they suck.

aquilas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
Yikes that's cold! And over here in Northern California, I'm complaining about going having a smoke in the 20s weather! Welps, guess I should be grateful for this nice weather we're having!

titus

Might Stick Around
Nov 18, 2013
Canada
You might as well be living in the great frozen north Canada with those temperatures! Its -17 Fahrenheit up here in Alberta today, or as we like to call it -27 degrees, with wind chills in the -40s. Its bloody stupid how cold it gets, not enjoyable at all. I wrap up and sit in my garage looking glum:)

jdto

Might Stick Around
Nov 11, 2012
When it gets too far down below zero, I might give it a pass, but usually I layer up and get out the parka and go out on the balcony. I find wind is more the limiting factor than temperature.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada: Currently it is a balmy -28C here, with a wind chill factor of -35C. Wait, it gets even better......... -35C tonight with a wind chill factor of -46C. Any way you slice it, it is friggin' cold here. Guess your temps don't seem all that bad now, LMAO.
In the winter, I used to smoke my pipe on my deck or an unheated shed in the yard. Thank God we moved this year, I have a heated garage and a heated shop to smoke in this year.
Great White North

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
Currently a balmy 30 degrees here in Northeast Ohio. No boy tonight, so I'll take advantage of being home alone to light up a nice smelling bowl in the comfort of my house. I don't smoke in the house while he's in residence.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Jeez, louise, you guys are making me shiver. It's in the 40s here in balmy Tenn-o-see. I have to wrap up in that kind of weather. In what you fellas are talking about, I would be under the covers, shivering with my dog.
Honest, guys, when the temp hits the 30s, it is all systems down here. Nothing works. We get a flake of snow, and it is bonkers. We got just the hint of bad weather the other day and the wife and I stocked up for a month!
A hint of bad weather means the 30s and 20s. That is Fahrenheit. Anything other than that is just plain crazy cold.
I smoke in my car on these kinds of days.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I snuck a couple of bowls while shoveling the snow in Denver this past Wednesday, but today I'm off to the B&M for my afternoon smoke today. We'll see what tomorrow brings...

Status
Not open for further replies.